• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Birmingham busted

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The long running equal pay scandal within the authority has finally rumbled to a conclusion and there is now a bill to pay.

"It's effectively declaring itself bankrupt........... and the big driver of that? Failures on equal pay. Recently the council admitted it faced potential liabilities on equal pay of up to another £760 million. The sums are jaw-dropping. It is because of years of female dominated jobs being paid less than male ones. The GMB Union, which is taking a lot of these cases, has given me examples of practices it is challenging as discriminatory. They include male jobs getting better time off, bonuses, and other perks."

I await the usual political blame game (yawn) breaking out in the media.

Last edited:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I hope the same GMB that has indirectly caused Brum to go bust will explain to the GMB members who lose their jobs that its all ok because some women in completely different jobs to men got a shit load of compensation.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I don’t think you can blame a union if an employer breaks the law, sounds like the employers fault to me.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I hope the same GMB that has indirectly caused Brum to go bust will explain to the GMB members who lose their jobs that its all ok because some women in completely different jobs to men got a shit load of compensation.
I believe that, in current parlance, is known as victim shaming.

How dare those ladies stand up for themselves.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I believe that, in current parlance, is known as victim shaming.

How dare those ladies stand up for themselves.
If it was an identical job, then I get that paying different rates is unfair. I dont get how a refuge collector and a teaching assistant can be classed as the same.

Based on your comments, I take it you agree that a member of the RAF who fixes aircraft should be paid the same as one who pulls pints in the Officers Mess?

Last edited: