• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bikes

T

The Mad Taffy

Brain damage!? Not likely, no brain to damage! Sound like we may have met!!! Thanks for the support, the bike is a total right off! Bandit 650,or was! As the great Stu Hodge once told me, between pints

'Taff, the only way to enjoy a bike it to get on it every day and scare the ****e out of yourself at least once every trip!'

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Just been bounced off my Bandit by a fuggin coach!!!!::/: Bikes a write off, my shoulder is fecked and my elbow is busted!!! Not a good day! Brand new ride as well!!!!

Balls!!!:pDT_Xtremez_25:
On of our stackers on 3 Sqn at Aldergrove was killed by a truck while he was on a Bandit 600:pDT_Xtremez_09: . Hope you mend well Taffy. The bike can always be replaced mate but you can't. Keep the faith though and as soon as you are mended you need to get straight back in the saddle. Thats what kept me going after my 2 stacks. Not nice at all mate.

T

The Mad Taffy

On of our stackers on 3 Sqn at Aldergrove was killed by a truck while he was on a Bandit 600:pDT_Xtremez_09: . Hope you mend well Taffy. The bike can always be replaced mate but you can't. Keep the faith though and as soon as you are mended you need to get straight back in the saddle. Thats what kept me going after my 2 stacks. Not nice at all mate.

Cheers fella! I will! :pDT_Xtremez_28: Looking at either a Bandit 12 or possibly a blade. Like the R1150GS Adventure as well but I'm not Ewan McGregor!

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Cheers fella! I will! :pDT_Xtremez_28: Looking at either a Bandit 12 or possibly a blade. Like the R1150GS Adventure as well but I'm not Ewan McGregor!
Go for the Blade, Go for the Blade!!!!!! Much more fun and a lot faster to boot. Was and still is my dream bike.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Looking at these 3 I know what my choice would be.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Attachments

• 2006_Bandit1200_2_bg.jpg
    2006_Bandit1200_2_bg.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
L

Liney Hasbeen

Go for the Blade, Go for the Blade!!!!!! Much more fun and a lot faster to boot. Was and still is my dream bike.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Looking at these 3 I know what my choice would be.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

If you want real fun ......... go Gixxer............. Blades and CBR6's ride themselves, get a bike you need to get a grip of.

L

Lipstick&Leather

I ride a GSX-R750 on the weekends.
I love it.
Third Gixxer I have had, and it is an awesome ride.

Attachments

• Suzuki-GSXR750-2004.jpg
    Suzuki-GSXR750-2004.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
L

Liney Hasbeen

I ride a GSX-R750 on the weekends.
I love it.
Third Gixxer I have had, and it is an awesome ride.

Pm me ......... were quite close, we should go for a ride sometime, might have to slow down on your 750 though !!! against my baby 6.

Parky

Corporal
I miss my 96 bandit 1200s, did 28000 miles on her in the just over 2 years i had her, then a job in London came along and had to get rid quick for the cash to move.

Currently have a G reg XJ600 and it is for sale to the first person to give me the £300 it owes me. It starts first time and commutes to work when i want it to, it has also got me back and fore Wales 3 times in the last 4 months. requires new exhaust and Battery and has 700 mile old michelins.

Will be getting another 1200 as soon as i get the cash and then i will be saving the £2000 that Holeshot racing want to take it upto 175BHP:pDT_Xtremez_28:

tourettes

Corporal
Guys, I come seeking the sage advice of seasoned bikers.

Just passed my test about 10 days ago(limited for 2 years to <25KW) and I need some advice on what would be a good bike to start out on.

I know anything I get for the first two years isn't going to set the world on fire but all advice and suggestions are welcome.

Anybody else think "Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?" once they started riding?

Cheers in advance

Parky

Corporal

Just passed my test about 10 days ago(limited for 2 years to <25KW) and I need some advice on what would be a good bike to start out on.

I know anything I get for the first two years isn't going to set the world on fire but all advice and suggestions are welcome.

Anybody else think "Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?" once they started riding?

Cheers in advance
See my post above, the XJ600 is not a bad starting bike. But if you want somthing newer then the 600 divvie is not a bad old hack, both these bikes are at the lower end of the power scale for 600s but may still need restricting.

You can actually get any bike you want regardless of what power it is in the shop and have them restrict it but even though it will be restricted i suggest you avoid going for the powerful ones as even restricted the acceleration will catch you off guard and will be almost as dangerous as not restricting the power.

If you do go for a newer machine i can recommend the Bandit 600/650 the Fazer 600 or even the Hornet 600 anything in this class is pretty much a good bike restricted and then when your year is up just derestrict and you dont have to get a new bike just enjoy the new found performance.

The other favs depend on how tall you are and how many miles you want to travel the grey import 400s are OK.

The best advice i can give you is to go for somthing that you wont mind too much if you drop it, you can practically guarentee you will drop it while moving it around in your first year.

Last edited:

Al Mac

LAC
2005 R1 and a 2004 Yamaha WR450F. Best of both worlds out here in the land of Aphrodite......:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
well heres mine an 04 RSV-R absoultly lovely, best bike i have ever rode, pulls like a bleedin train and scares old dears of the road as it is flippin loud and sounds awesome with those cans on it. twins rule!!!

Attachments

• 04052006.jpg
    04052006.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

pomp101

LAC
Currently ride a '99 Triumph Sprint ST, best bike ive ever had especially for 2 up touring. (would put a piccie on here if i could work out how to do it)

Although i was in for a shock wheni took it in for its service as id requested a loan bike and the dealers were more than happy to give me a bonnieville for the day, however due to an cock up they had already given the loan bike out and i ended up with a Rocket III for the day!

Holy hell now that was a bike and a half... literally! why on earth a bike needs a 2300cc engine i will never know, was like riding a barge!, however once i got used to it i just cruised around all day soaking up all the admiring looks, peeps even crossed the street to have a look at it :pDT_Xtremez_35:

frien_dd

LAC
Nc30 Vfr 400

Nc30 Vfr 400

I am riding a VFR 400 NC30 J reg

If any one needs any websites I have a few that deal with the VFR NC30

frien_dd

LAC

Cheers in advance

restricted 400 either rvf/vfr/fzr
I never got mine restriced now been driving for 5 years
First i had Yam FZR 400 really nice ride
Got stolen
Then brought VFR NC30 beauti can get rid of her

frien_dd

LAC
My bike is the one left with blue lens me brothers in the middle then me dads on the right.

Attachments

• mybikes3.jpg
    mybikes3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
N

Noodle

Just wrote off a ZX12R, it wasn't mine!!!!!!

Currently playing with my dads goldwing til I can afford my own again