• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bikes

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
(Cheers, Wobbly.)

We`ve got our own Sub-Forum in motoring so I`ll start the ball rolling.

Quite simply, What do you ride ?

For me, on the road it`s a 99, Fazer 600 because it was such a bargain.

Trackdays, A 91 VFR 400. (NC30)

And in the Garage, the long term project is a 1990 GSXR 750L which I blew up and haven`t quite got round to fixing.

Last edited:

MTC28

LAC
I ride a '96 Gpz900r, but i've also got an '84 Gpz9 and a Z1.
I'm flirting with a ZX9R, so i guess something will have to be sold.....
Any offers?

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Honda CBR 600 F-L 3rd love of my life (Wife and Son come first) she's been SORN since about May though, needed the money for other things. I also have a GPz 305, she's been SORN since 2003. She'll probably need a rebuild before she gets ridden again. Battery is Dodo.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Got a Honda XL1000 now, had a SV650SY for the last 4 years... was a great bike,but terrible for any sort of long journey. Xl1000 is great alternative to the BMW F series and about several thousand pound cheaper

O

Oh sir

I used to ride ST1100 Pan Euros in the job, for all of about three months, early 90s.

Don't know why but the bug never bit me. I never felt that safe or confident on a bike.... Sorry. I've never owned my own bike. (Well, a grifter when i was but a lad, but some big lads nicked it, and we know where my life went from there).

K

katinthehat

My ex had a ZX9R in black & silver - its the only reason I miss him!
It was one of the few race types that I could sit on comfortably - as most seem to design the pillion for people under 5ft!! It was so comfy I fell asleep on the back of it on the way to the GP at Snetterton along the A14..... oops!!!

I need to pass my test so I can get one myself I think!!!

O

Oh sir

Ah, flowing lines. Lovely wheels. Quality plastics.

It's a nice bin.

Is that your motorbike in front of it?
:pDT_Xtremez_34:

L

Liney Hasbeen

My ex had a ZX9R in black & silver - its the only reason I miss him!
It was one of the few race types that I could sit on comfortably - as most seem to design the pillion for people under 5ft!! It was so comfy I fell asleep on the back of it on the way to the GP at Snetterton along the A14..... oops!!!

I need to pass my test so I can get one myself I think!!!

GP's at Snetterton........... Hmmm think you need GPS !!

I ride a 05' GSXR600 and the other half has just passed her test and got a GS500F.

Like to do more track days than road riding as the road is full of complete tw@ts who are either to young or to old to be allowed to operate a 4 wheeled lethal weapon.......

K

katinthehat

GP's at Snetterton........... Hmmm think you need GPS !!

Hey - it was a long time ago!! I've slept since then!
More likely the Superbikes.... but then I didn't take too much notice, being too hungover to function!!

Red-Rock

Sergeant
First bike was a Honda VFR 400 (NC24) and then graduated onto FireBlade RRW. Unfortunately 2 crashes (neither my fault but due to Fcuking Powell v Moody I lost out and lost all my NCB) I am now bikeless. I miss my Blade.

Attachments

• photo_1131449.jpg
    photo_1131449.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
D

Disillusioned

My current steed although it me be getting chopped if I don't get some more use out of it this year in order to pay off some debt before it's out time.

18-02-05_1613.jpg

and my one off moped racing special, built with the help of one of the greatest bike manufacturers in england. Hopefully it'll get running again this year and I'll do the benson moped-a-thon.

18-02-05_1616.jpg

D

Droppedmechinagraphagain

Dr 800 (tweaked and motarded natch) - SZR 660 (stage 3, K&N, Art can, twin discs), LB50 (50cc ish, Chappy racing, happy days)

D

dodgysootie

A 1985 XL250R is my horse, a bit rough round th'edges but a genuine 5000 miles on it, fooking ace fun in these Scottish forests!

Soupdragon

Piermaster
I had a bike when i was in Gibraltar - number 12 as i recall, my mate Dave had bike number 21, wrote it off by riding it down American Steps while being chased by the Navy shore patrol one night