• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Running Techniques?

S

shoutingwind

take a dog... works a treat! unfortunatly we clocked my wee rocket dog at 35kph, but still she makes me work hard when we go out... borrow a pooch if you don't own one
other than that, one foot infront of the other works well :) i don't listen to music, but i concentrate on my breathing. works great, i can meditat on the move. helps put life's problems in order...

C

CC

There's a lot of conflicting advice on here already.

As an ex-RAF roadrunner and allround racing snake (7min 5sec for 1.5 miles was I think my best time) in my youth - 70-80 miles a week at one stage.QUOTE]

Holy cow, that's good running fella....in my youth I ran in the Wyton 5 mile road relay and completed that in 32 mins, I was well chuffed with that.........no where near as good as your times though..........respect matey :pDT_Xtremez_28:

84scouse

SAC
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I took part in the Portsmouth RNLI Santa run yesterday (the 5k) and it was great! Despite some mean winds on the promenade I completed it in about 23 minutes, and finished with a nice burst of pace to the Batala drummers! I felt like I could have carried on for another 5k & thats due in part to Inevertouchedit's advice. (Thank you!) I've been doing longer slow runs, and something I've found to be of great benefit is that I've left my watch at home a few times. Without he pressure of timing myself (psychological I'm sure) I seemed to run far better, & as a result I'm enjoying it far more. I will try some hill running, though hills are in short supply around Gosport so it may have to be treadmill on an incline!

I think it's been my confidence as opposed to (solely) my stamina. As I've said in my first post on this thread, I can play sports all day long, but just running was always a problem... until now I reckon!

Thanks for the support guys I've got my psychometric tests tomorrow, which I've been practising for, & should be ok, I hope!! See ya all soon!! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I took part in the Portsmouth RNLI Santa run yesterday (the 5k) and it was great! Despite some mean winds on the promenade I completed it in about 23 minutes, and finished with a nice burst of pace to the Batala drummers! I felt like I could have carried on for another 5k & thats due in part to Inevertouchedit's advice. (Thank you!) I've been doing longer slow runs, and something I've found to be of great benefit is that I've left my watch at home a few times. Without he pressure of timing myself (psychological I'm sure) I seemed to run far better, & as a result I'm enjoying it far more. I will try some hill running, though hills are in short supply around Gosport so it may have to be treadmill on an incline!

I think it's been my confidence as opposed to (solely) my stamina. As I've said in my first post on this thread, I can play sports all day long, but just running was always a problem... until now I reckon!

Thanks for the support guys I've got my psychometric tests tomorrow, which I've been practising for, & should be ok, I hope!! See ya all soon!! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Well done, I'm pleased for you.

Good luck tomorrow !!