• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Comedian?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For some reason I've watched more TV than usual these past few months...

When looking for something to lift my spirit is I turn to comedy. Plenty around on the sky channels but some are utter arse!

Russel Howard is no longer funny and that Millikin woman positively makes me vomit blood.

I have warmed a fair bit towards Kevin Bridges though...Looking for recommendations of comedians to watch, perhaps ones less well know. Also value your opinion on who you'd avoid.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
David Mitchell is ok no smut and well thought out observations ditto Michael Mcintyre.
On the other side the totally unfunny to55er Harry Hill aught never to disgrace a TV screen again he's about as funny as a dose of Cholera.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I quite like Jim Jefferies with his multiple specials on Netflix, his Gun Control (2 Parts) routine is quite funny the 1st time round. I'm also off to watch Jonathan Pie next year if the CV19 has fucked off. You can see his rants on both Facebook and Twitter with his fake News Reporter going off on one with incredibly acidic attacks on whatever is the political flavour that day.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I find Hugh Dennis very funny on Mock the Week.

Rosie Jones is without doubt the most unfunny "comedian" I have ever come across - I have now taken to fast forwarding through whenever she speaks as I know I would have only wasted a minute of my life if I didnt.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Does it depend upon how the term comedian is used?

As far as stand up goes, Peter Kay was great to watch in his heyday where as Frankie Boyle needed lancing with a spear.

Ade Edmondson and Rik Mayall along with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer stand out as the best comedy duo's of recent times, taste permitting of course.

As far as comedy and comedic writing goes, the collaborations of dark comedians behind League of Gentlemen, Psychoville, Behind Number 9 are right up there at the top.

Serial comedians, Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson are firm favourites.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I find Hugh Dennis very funny on Mock the Week.

Rosie Jones is without doubt the most unfunny "comedian" I have ever come across - I have now taken to fast forwarding through whenever she speaks as I know I would have only wasted a minute of my life if I didnt.
Glad I'm not the only one. Credit where credit is due that she is where she is despite her limitations but by god it's irritating listening to her spin dits or make jokes of subjects anyone else would get crucified for.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There’s a whole weekend conference of debate around Mrs Browns Boys. Personally I think my uterus may prolapse if I watch a single minute of it...the only people I know who like it are ex-front rowers.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There’s a whole weekend conference of debate around Mrs Browns Boys.
You watch as much as your brain and eyeballs can stand of that complete and utter drivel (its measured in milliseconds) and wonder, just why were mass killings made illegal. Surely deep within the small print there must be special exemptions for such affronts to civilised living. There's more humour in 30 minutes of the test card.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I'll add my disapproval to that shite. To further annoy me, it always seems to run over its scheduled finishing time, so when I turn over to BBC1 at 10pm for the news and MOTD, I am subjected to 5 mins of that shite.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You watch as much as your brain and eyeballs can stand of that complete and utter drivel (its measured in milliseconds) and wonder, just why were mass killings made illegal. Surely deep within the small print there must be special exemptions for such affronts to civilised living. There's more humour in 30 minutes of the test card.
I like the bit where they say "feck".

It's pure comedy gold and hilarious every time, beaten only by any of Miranda Hart's catchphrases.