• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bop Birds

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You've all been to bops various...which bop was the best for getting positive results?

My vote goes to Coningsby around 95...it's was like speed dating with benefits...never gone from small talk to main course so quickly!

Umbo

SAC
Skyways Club - Wyton.. late 80's....

like shooting rats in a barrel........

Skyways was always a classy evening. It began in the Bowl, progressed to the bop, and ended in the cellar bar under G block.

3 a week

3 a week

You've all been to bops various...which bop was the best for getting positive results?

My vote goes to Coningsby around 95...it's was like speed dating with benefits...never gone from small talk to main course so quickly!

Northwood late 80's early 90's - BEFORE the Wrens got sent off to sea. There used to be 3 a week, Tues/Thurs/Sun and local civvy birds used to turn up too. Always more women than men. A sniffers paradise.

Ascension - 1991 - civvy airways used to do the Falklands trip (due to the Gulf War) and as they didn't want to stay in the Falklands they used to do stop-overs at Asi for days at a time. Consequently, the Island would have fit Air Hostesses wanting lifts to the beach and 'where do we go for a drink etc' - 'Follow me Ladies............' Quickest 6 months of my life.

Bahrain - Mid 1990's. Living it up with Airtours/Gulf Air/Monarch and Caledonian Air Hostesses on ridiculous rates.

I know I have strayed slightly off the Best Bop topic but my mind just started drifting to a better place........

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The 70's and 80's bops at the Aquarius club at Alconbury were legend.

Starring the Corby Commandos... a class on their own, nearest rivals were the Valley Commandos at St Athan.

Webbo

Sergeant
Coltishall.............mid to late 90's. (Neatishead influence) :pDT_Xtremez_28::pDT_Xtremez_28:

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Toss up between Henlow 92 with a run up to Chicksands to see the Yanks and Aldergrove 94 ish, as it was a blurr with blart coming from everywhere including MQ's.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Do bops still happen? If so what's the crack?

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
The Hospital Social Club RAF Halton or the Shag and Shuffle at Halton both target rich environments and the later is where i met the current Mrs Fold.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Hospital Social Club RAF Halton or the Shag and Shuffle at Halton both target rich environments and the later is where i met the current Mrs Fold.

And not forgetting The Thomas Gray, Pen