• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bar in the World

Hoping that this will start a useful thread for us all to learn about where to go to find top class intoxication stations when out and about on the road for Auntie Betty.

So post details of your favourite bars from dett'in around the globe and let us all know...

Starter for 10

Ghost Bar in Vegas!
55th Floor (450ft) Half indoor / half outdoor (With glass floor)
Its like an FHM shoot!
Limited numbers allowed in so get there early before opening and BPT queue!

Obviously they don't turn away many hot ladies so if you get in ... hubber hubber!

palms_full_ghostbar.jpg

00001362.jpg

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
The BBC on Bourbon Street, New Orleans. The place is probably washed out now but scene of the greatest night out of my RAF career.

No dress code, live music and loads of young ladies carrying test tube shooters!!

S

Standards

The bar in New Orleans with the "Duelling Pianos". What a night that was. But I was not there with SSH.

Also, we should all have a moments silence as we remember The Cambrain Club at St Athan on a Wednesday night in the early 90's.

Standards!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
"Kos" bar and "Anagrams" nightclub in Albacete, Espana, top booze, nice surroundings, not much English spoken (that is a good thing as you have to get your point over to the locals without shouting and putting 'O' at the end of every word!) Also as it is not a holiday resort the locals are very friendly and don't rip you off, great memories of this det.

Also the "Sports Bar" behind the Marriott hotel in Greenville, Texas, big screen sports, servers in tiny little shorts and Bocks beer.

S

Standards

Forgot the Warsteiner Bar in Zaragoza, Spain. September 94. 17(F) Squadron. As mentioned above, no tourists, no English spoken. What a ovely place. If you ever find yourself there, see if the squadron print is still there will you? Sad present I know, but the owner loved it and gave us free food!

Also, a Regt Sqn came out there with us for some reason, they stayed in tents on the base, we had to put up with the discomfort of a hotel. In town. On rates. Oh the inconvenience of it all.

Standards!

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
There is a superb "Duelling Pianos" bar in Georgetown, Washington DC. Very packed but one hell of an atmosphere. Can go upstairs for a Quiet "half"

Still in Washington, "Morgans Organ" in Adams Morgan opposite the "angry inch". Blue Grass music and all beers are served in drinking jars, seems strange having a glass with a thread.

The $hit kicking music is awesome

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
The White House bar, Belize City, down an alley to the left of the Upstairs Naafi on main street by the bridge.

2 hours worth of tequila body slammers with Yank tourist girls then asking the bouncer/gang banger for a look at his MAC-10 and negligently discharging it into the ceiling of the bar! 36 rounds in 0.5 seconds....result! :eek:

Great days! :D

H

HilstonPols

Kegelbahn (sp) Gutersloh, Schnapps 50 pfegs a shot, rules zero!

Rugby Club Laarbruch - " The Sticky Carpet"

Cherry Tree West Drayton - lunchtime strippers:D

the ultimate - "The Church" Kings Cross....real music, boat races, non-pc humour, strippers and then Naked ****ed up Aussie birds. Sunday afternoon was never the same after <sigh> :D

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
They had them on Tuesday night too Holsten (allegedly)!

Ah "The Church", remember going there with Loretta Damage, Mark Gilmour, Paddy O'Flip Flop and Craig Watson... What an expierence!!

dkh51250

Sergeant
The Irish Bar down the Kudam in Berlin, sitting watching arms and ammunition being sold and bought quite openly.

H

HilstonPols

Volcano Club on Asi. Happy hour cocktails by the litre.:D

fatbaldchief

Corporal
The Reggae Bar on the endless tropical beach in Langkawi, Malaysia.
The best late night drinking (sand between your toes, if you can feel your toes) atmosphere on the face of the planet
:cool:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Norman the Storeman said:
The White House bar, Belize City, down an alley to the left of the Upstairs Naafi on main street by the bridge.

2 hours worth of tequila body slammers with Yank tourist girls then asking the bouncer/gang banger for a look at his MAC-10 and negligently discharging it into the ceiling of the bar! 36 rounds in 0.5 seconds....result! :eek:

Great days! :D

Norman, look at the opening post, now look at yours. Doesn't that say something about you? Well it does me 'cos I prefer the Belize option!

J

jeff

Forget the rest. This is IT!

Forget the rest. This is IT!

Hogs and Heffers in The ar$e end of Greenwich Village in New York.

Bar tenders are a pair of lucious young beuaties who generally wear bikini tops, spray on 501s and stetsons. They are rude and extremely dangerous if you don't tip them, and they run the bar with the aid of a megaphone, which they use to berrate anyone who is not to their taste. If you are lucky they will line you and your mates up along the bar and pour grain liquor into all of your mouths - if they really like you, they'll spit it in!

There is also approximately 5000 bras hanging from the optics, which have been placed there by every female who has danced on the bar (including Julia Roberts and Drew Barrymore). Only girls can dance, and only on the bar as the place has no music licence and they are literally breaking the law every time they play a tune for a lass to boogie.

Clientelle are friendly when they find out that you are a brit, and the birds are quite forthcoming!

Its without the doubt the best lads bar in the world - despite the hookers and Hells Angels who hang around outside. If you're going to NYC, forget the Empire State, just head to Greenwich and ask someone to point you in the direction of this place!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Stax said:
Norman, look at the opening post, now look at yours. Doesn't that say something about you? Well it does me 'cos I prefer the Belize option!

What? That I'm not easily impressed by a bit of carpet & chrome?
Too feckin' right, I'm a grass roots, spit & sawdust man (as you know from my nights in the White Swan) :D

Like the advert says 'Do something that scares you every day' ;)

C

Cat of Shadows

Las Vegas Baby!!!

Las Vegas Baby!!!

The mighty Voodoo Lounge at the top of the Rio Hotel in Vegas.

Not on the main strip, but home nonetheless to the legendary 'Witch Doctor' cocktail..................a smoking, outside brandy bowl crammed with alcohol, fruit juice and dry ice, genius!!!

witchdoc.jpg

Last edited: