• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being a Sir (Knighthood) in the RAF

StickyFingers

Sergeant
I get how if you are Knighted by the Queen or one of her subordinates you can call yourself Sir StickyFingers around the Uk and in work and on your Email signature and Business cards etc...

What if you are knighted by another sovereign nation?

Would it still be allowable to call yourself Sir Sticky?

We salute the queens commission yet also salute other commissioned officers from other countries (some we may have moral objections with as well).

But basically I saw this and thought "This would be mint, wonder if it's worth the paper it's printed on"

https://www.sealandgov.org/shop/tit...s-of-the-sovereign-military-order-of-sealand/

Sir StickyFingers

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Cheaper to do a deed pole, and more legal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If you are thinking it will be added to your passport in such a way that you'll be able to blag upgrades around the world, then think again. The title will be added, but an observation is also added that the title is not a bestowed one which essentially identifies you as a walt.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
I see 0 downsides of both your arguments.

Can't be a walt if I have an official certificate.

Just need a £100 windfall now

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Wouldn't you prefer to be either a Lord or a Baron of Sealand instead of a Knight?

iainrm

Corporal
BOSS

BOSS

Had a boss on 29 who was the son of a Baron and eventually a sir, Hon Sir Timothy Elworthy.
Actually a real gent and one of the few bosses I had any respect for.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheaper to do a deed pole

There was a two banana some years ago on LTF at the secret West Midlands training base who did exactly that. He ditched his middle name, moved his first name along one space and added sir as his new first name (Not his real name) he went from Robert Alan Jones to Sir Robert Jones by deed pole.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
BOSS

BOSS

Had a boss on 29 who was the son of a Baron and eventually a sir, Hon Sir Timothy Elworthy.
Actually a real gent and one of the few bosses I had any respect for.

There was a part-time rock officer at Marham a while back who might have been able to trump that. He was Viscount Chelsea - owned most of west London.