• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being a Good Samaritan

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Nowhere near as bad for me.
I stopped at an RTA I witnessed, called the emergency services and provided basic care till they turned up.
Passenger was trapped in the vehicle in the ditch so I used the travel blanket I always carry in the emergency kit to keep them warm.
Gave my statement when plods arrived updated the paramedics and firemen and was then told to go home.
Never got any thanks or my blanket back.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
I've seen this happen a few times and have had to cut the roof off a traffic wardens car and a plod car in the past.
I read this article in the daily (hate) mail online yesterday. I was astounded at the amount of people who appear to be experts in the field and are willing to share their "opinion" on the subject.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
The woman was foolish in the extreme to let them sit in her car.

Foolish? Or just never envisaged how things might pan out?

firestorm said:
I was astounded at the amount of people who appear to be experts in the field and are willing to share their "opinion" on the subject.

When I read the same story on the Daily Hates site I checked out the worst rated comments. They seem to be the ones where people have stated that the casualties should not really have been moved in the first place. Now, I would have thought that to be sound advice but.....

Last edited:

firestorm

Warrant Officer
This woman has tried to help but has come unstuck simply through not knowing the mechanics of injury and their outcome. But then, why would she know? I actually feel very sorry for her as she's tried to do the right thing.
As has been said, with c-spine injuries you're occasionally a minute move away from quadriplegia or death.

The main thing highlighted by this story is peoples opinions of car crash injuries are being coloured by the growing prevalence of "whip cash" claims.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This woman has tried to help but has come unstuck simply through not knowing the mechanics of injury and their outcome. But then, why would she know? I actually feel very sorry for her as she's tried to do the right thing.
As has been said, with c-spine injuries you're occasionally a minute move away from quadriplegia or death.

The main thing highlighted by this story is peoples opinions of car crash injuries are being coloured by the growing prevalence of "whip cash" claims.

Not very often I agree with you FS, but this post is spot on.

Anyone who thinks she was being 'foolish' instead of simply trying to help is being a bit harsh.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
I have the occasional "off day" Monty.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

I'm not sure why this is in the PC Madness section. Whats PC or mad about it?

ANTSPUD16

LAC
A very similar incident happened to my wife last year, lady managed to roll her car wife stopped to see if she was ok. It was raining so my wife offered the lady a place to sit out of the weather until the plods turned up. Women was absolutly ok didnt feel any pain whatsoever until paramedics asked if her neck hurt, next thing we know the firemen are removeing the roof of my wifes 9 month old car!We had to claim off our own insurnace as technically no other car was involved ie no collosion. We lost £5000 value off the car and now our insurance company has doubled my wifes car insurance this year!!!Being a good samaritan in this day and age can be a real costly mistake! Insurnace comapnies dont care about the ins and outs so long as they can get there money back in the end.It was impressive to watch the firemen remove the roof of the car though!