• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bastion advice - Gnashers on tour

JTforever

Corporal
I volunteered as they wanted to send me to watch penguins for free, one nicely worded gen app later I'm drinking mountain dew and marshalling 747's

Could I ask who you sent your gen app to please? I've tried volunteering for several OOAs but I'm struggling to get anywhere. Unsure wether it's manning or my current management who make my applications disappear!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You'll need your management to buy in mate. And there's no actual need for a gen app as far as I know. I simply ring the desk for the lads who work for me and negotiate a suitable date and location that keeps the desk and my lads happy.....

JTforever

Corporal
I think that's where my problem lies. The popular method for many applications is 'email via your line manager'

I'm convinced several of my email applications have stopped at my line manager/flt cdr and not made it to the drafter. I've asked to be CC'd in the email to the drafter but this falls on deaf ears.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
stacker1195:578783 said:
I volunteered as they wanted to send me to watch penguins for free, one nicely worded gen app later I'm drinking mountain dew and marshalling 747's

And there was me thinking you'd overcome your MD addiction!!

Its been a while since I've had a proper fix of MD, I'm making up for lost time!

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Now insitu if anyone fancies a brew I am at the ASU by the Role 3.

FootTapper

Sergeant

Any chance of throwing a couple of crates of MD on one of the 747s heading for UK? Going cold turkey from my MD addiction is killing me....

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
So if I pop into asu and ask for penfold they ain't going to cart me off to a padded cell are they?

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
When you see him, it'll make sense. He is not the nurse of your dreams.

That's a bit harsh.

Then again, I've been out here so long that my dreams are reaching new lows. So probably not a good reference point.

Bastion Beautiful has a quality all of its own.