• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Banging out

Digzster

Sergeant
Quote : " The sacred cow of stats is to be dragged kicking and mooing it’s last towards the bolt gun of reality."

The above quote TB, is pure poetry! Wish I could have told that to my last boss as I banged out.

Best wishes for the retirement and the best part is you can now buy a 5 day membership to the golf course and no 6hr weekend rounds! That's what it is all about.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Grim reading TB/CC, but apart from that why are you leaving?
Why am I leaving? To many KOS civvy sooties/avionics/leckies experts pretending they are riggers

You'll be dead in a few weeks TB...make sure you put into your Will that I'm getting your watch.

Right it's in the will you get my watch. Its held together with bodge tape, cost £4.95 from Argos 5 years ago you just have to hope the battery lasts longer than me.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
So come on then, I'll be the first to ask...
Day 1, what's your feelings?
Apprehension, relief, anger... (insert where appropriate)

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So come on then, I'll be the first to ask...
Day 1, what's your feelings?
Apprehension, relief, anger... (insert where appropriate)

Mixed feelings to be honest, certainly pleased and content that I have made the right decision, looking forward to running my own agenda at a pace that suits me. I shall miss the majority of my workmates and the dark, dry, cutting, military humour and banter that bl00dy civvies don't get. I shall miss the RAF students and sharing the learning experience with them yet not miss at all the students who are from other nations.
A mixed bag really but I'm more than happy with my choices. :pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30:

The real reason for going is its all gone downhill since they have started putting De-caff tea bags and sweeteners in the T-bar.

Last edited:

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
.... I shall miss the majority of my workmates and the dark, dry, cutting, military humour and banter that bl00dy civvies don't get... but I'm more than happy with my choices.
The real reason for going is its all gone downhill since they have started putting De-caff tea bags and sweeteners in the T-bar.

I agree with those sentiments TB and after 30 years back in civvie street, especially the humour bit. I also have to say that your last comment was as true then for me as it is for you now...

Enjoy and (for a few years at least) shut the hangar doors and go and pick fleas off the missus (so as to speak).

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
"...sold on the basis of dodgy stats that somehow proved we had the staffing and resource capability to do it..."

Welcome to bright new world of Civvy Street's indistiguishable promises and lies! This is how big business promises the earth and lies about performance - see every major defence contractor for samples.