• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Its about 20 here. The snow scripts have always been buggers for cpu usage. However, maybe its time to ask santa for a computer worthy of a the name PC instead of that 90's calculator you have eh MM?

On a serious note. If the snow is having a bad effect which is making your aging, no......struggling computer have to earn its keep then I will removed it.

Bah humbug..........whats 50% cpu usage when its christmas?

MingMong

Warrant Officer
The worst thing seems to be that the text entry cursor seems erratic, and causes me to randomly drop characters when typing. And i'm not the greatest typer at the best of times. Not sure if this is snow related though, seems fine on all other sites.

Maybe i'll ask mrs MM for a nice new pooter for xmas, but I already know what the answer will be.

M

monobrow

nope, i got almost 98-100% CPU usage

damn firefox and the sooo much easier tabbed browsing! (20 e-goat threads open at once)

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Well on the bright side wobbly that was probably the closest we'll come to having a white Christmas this year anyway :pDT_Xtremez_15:
True to form it snowed for one day :pDT_Xtremez_14:

G

gemarriott

The worst thing seems to be that the text entry cursor seems erratic, and causes me to randomly drop characters when typing. And i'm not the greatest typer at the best of times. Not sure if this is snow related though, seems fine on all other sites.

Maybe i'll ask mrs MM for a nice new pooter for xmas, but I already know what the answer will be.

Of course darling here's a thousand pounds of my beer money to waste on a magic box for the corner of the room!!!

Am I close?

MingMong

Warrant Officer
that's much better Wobbly, I can now type stuff in without having to check the screen after every word to make sure i'm not missing loads of letters.

Thanks for listening to us low power computer users (although I never realised that looking at e-goat would be harder for the computer than running battlefield2 in high settings). Would have hated to see how it would have performed on an IGS machine.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Of course darling here's a thousand pounds of my beer money to waste on a magic box for the corner of the room!!!

Am I close?

Working on the principle that she can't see what's inside the magic off-white box, she would never know if I did upgrade the thing. She just might notice the sudden reduction in housekeeping money.