• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Astounding England

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
Well a match where I thought we given recent performance would have proved our critics wrong. Do not get me wrong wrong brushing English aside.

Have we really improved or did the Frogs think they could put out a team of neanderthal man and win.

A win is a win GREAT for us is this the new start of something great or just a fluke.

BTW final score

ENG 34 - Fra 10

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Yes, a good victory for England and an improvement on their last performance. I quite like the way Johnson is making gradual changes and trying to evolve. Bringing back Shaw was a good move, but not for Kennedy!!! Worsley does a job but he's not a 7 any day of the week. That said, he will rarely play against a more brain-dead opponent than France were in the 1st half. Lievremont has made some bad selections but the XV today was way beyond even his worst efforts. If he thinks Chabal is an openside I'm a chinaman. Nallet is almost as inspirational as Borthwick in the skipper stakes. Parra and Trinh-Duc are no more international half-backs than Morecambe & Wise. Yes, England won well, played much better, but it needs to be viewed against the class of opposition. Worryingly, they'll probably be too good for Scotland next week anyway.:S

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Worryingly, they'll probably be too good for Scotland next week anyway.:S

Maybe Tommo but it's quite disappointing that both England and Scotland only have the Calcutta cup to worry about. Important though it is. Two teams knocking 10 bells out of the old enemy for bragging rights. Whilst the Welsh and Irish go for slams, triple crowns and titles. But whatever the other nations are fighting for you Jocks won't give a t0ss if you beat us.

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Maybe Tommo but it's quite disappointing that both England and Scotland only have the Calcutta up to worry about. Important though it is. Two teams knocking 10 bells out of the old enemy for bragging rights. Whilst the Welsh and Irish go for slams, triple crowns and titles. But whatever the other nations are fighting for you Jocks won't give a t0ss if you beat us.

After Saturday's performance I hope Gatland has a few ideas up his sleeve. If we play the Irish like that they'll win the whole shebang without breaking a sweat !

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Damned good game (especially in the first half). Bit loose in the second, but a good result, I thought. I'll shut up about the capabilities of various players; I know little of their particular purpose.

E

elnino

Credit where its due, France were very poor indeed but most of their mistakes were as a result of good solid work by England. It should make for a good match next w/e although on todays performance, I think England will have the better of us.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Good game and a good performance but as to the new beginning I think we should wait. If we win the next few match’s (yes I know there is only 1 six nations game left) with the same style then it truly is a new beginning. However if they struggle or lose then it may be yet another flash in the pan. There were signs yesterday that under pressure old habits die hard. The difference this time was the Ref was more open-minded mainly because England tried to play rugby and he and the French could not understand each other!