• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Army Major, 40, is convicted of battery for slapping a soldier's bottom so hard it shook 'quite vigorously'

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Words fail me or in the case of the WO2, "Where's there's blame, there's a claim" no doubt.

Major was in the wrong, no doubt about it in this day and age, but Court Martial?! What happened to "Sir, you are out of order"?

Wasn't a very wise decision by the Major, but how is the Warrant Officer going to cope in a War zone if a slap on the arse causes him this much trauma?

Last edited:

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
  • "Christ on a bike you have to ask how this ever got to CM level. Reading the impact statement from the WO, they are still troubled by the act? What a sack of cack. It appears the army has caught the snowflake bug."

• "Careful preparation for the compo claim. "

• "A WO who didn't have what it takes to sort this out under the radar is a tw@t and there must have been another motive for him to go public. "

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Words fail me or in the case of the WO2, "Where's there's blame, there's a claim" no doubt.

Major was in the wrong, no doubt about it in this day and age, but Court Martial?! What happened to "Sir, you are out of order"?

Wasn't a very wise decision by the Major, but how is the Warrant Officer going to cope in a War zone if a slap on the arse causes him this much trauma?
So a junior rank slaps another on the arse bet they'll not say you're out of order. They'll get the book thrown at them.

It's assault.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Could be sexual harassment claim. The WO might be going through a female phase or Gender Neutral. Remember Doctor Who now a Male stroke Female stroke Gender Neutral now. Is there any extra report on the service grapevine if the WO declared female tendency before the bottom smack. The officer must be very desperate to make a experienced WO arse shudder so violently.
Touch someone it's assault, nor matter what decade you want to live in . You don't go go touching anybody no matter what or who they are. So if they'd have turned around and punched them then they'd have been CM for assault.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
'I found myself withdrawn from my wife both emotionally and romantically.'

'I felt embarrassed and did not want to be intimate with my wife, which I have found very difficult to deal with.'

'Rather than making a fuss I spoke to Lieutenant Pitts... I made her pinky promise not to tell anyone. "

100% assault, but i'd be interested to know if he has a compensation claim in and what for.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
'I found myself withdrawn from my wife both emotionally and romantically.'

'I felt embarrassed and did not want to be intimate with my wife, which I have found very difficult to deal with.'

'Rather than making a fuss I spoke to Lieutenant Pitts... I made her pinky promise not to tell anyone. "

100% assault, but i'd be interested to know if he has a compensation claim in and what for.
WTF is 'pinky promise'?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I can think of at least 3 of the WO's I worked for down the years who would have carried out some immediate "contact counselling" on the gentleman.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
I can think of at least 3 of the WO's I worked for down the years who would have carried out some immediate "contact counselling" on the gentleman.
I know a couple WO's who would have taken the same 'come outside for little chat' type of action too

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
It would seem to me that said WO had a 'secret agenda', probably to get the Rodney moved on to somewhere else.
That said I knew of one RN WO who would have paid handsomely for someone to smack his 'arris till it wobbled quite significantly. He would have preferred it to be glowing hot and red too but that comes under Det Rules.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal

The said WO is probably some REMF Shiny type who's never been anywhere near a war zone