• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Armourers will have to wait for more expensive crayons.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I see that the armourers have been royally kicked in the slats again. After releasing an update saying that their JE score had been raised and that it may be a route to supp3, there was a marvellously inept release of a second letter. This said ...sorry chaps due to an admin error what the JE actually did was reduce your score and there will be no realistic chance of supp 3 until 2026. Merry Xmas boys.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I see that the armourers have been royally kicked in the slats again. After releasing an update saying that their JE score had been raised and that it may be a route to supp3, there was a marvellously inept release of a second letter. This said ...sorry chaps due to an admin error what the JE actually did was reduce your score and there will be no realistic chance of supp 3 until 2026. Merry Xmas boys.

Don't get the hopes up, pretty sure the letter said 2028...:pDT_Xtremez_31:

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The issue isn't that you can't have new crayons, it's just that they'll be cheap imports from China made from asbestos, lead and spent nuclear fuel :pDT_Xtremez_15:

sulky

SAC
ill say one thing, the armourer who posted the AVM's letter on FB last night without using an annoyamous account was very very brave or very very silly or has already PVR'd and doesnt care

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
ill say one thing, the armourer who posted the AVM's letter on FB last night without using an annoyamous account was very very brave or very very silly or has already PVR'd and doesnt care

I saw both letters on FB last night, the Gp Cpt letter saying that Armourers had a better trade score than Mechs and the AVM letter saying you might as well PVR and you aren't getting nothing, what a sh1te state of affairs.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
The letter from early December ...

maCFMR.jpg

And the letter from 12 December ...

qDs8MN.jpg

Clusterfúck doesn't come anywhere near describing it.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
You can almost hear all the Armourers clicking through JPAs 7 clicks to freedom...

TBH, the Supp2/ 3 decison won't affect me (as i'm on SDRP and even thats above what I'd get on Supp3) but the way the information has been released is absolutely ludicrous. The 2* letter was dated 12 Dec, and now on 14 Dec there are still people out there to be formally briefed on this letter...

Now, does anyone still wonder why we can't retain anyone worth their salt in the Royal Air Farce...?

4everAD

Sergeant
What an awful way to treat people, get their hopes up then take squash them. I wonder why the RAF has retention issues?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Thank god most Armourers can’t read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Well, those letters certainly make for interesting reading. They're not actually losing anything though, theyre just not gaining anything. Dunno about a rush of PVRs (cos they're basically in 'no change' land, but it certainly won't do anything for retention figures.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They're not actually losing anything though, theyre just not gaining anything. Dunno about a rush of PVRs (cos they're basically in 'no change' land, but it certainly won't do anything for retention figures.

Until the pay protection gets removed and a significant number take a pay cut....

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Until the pay protection gets removed and a significant number take a pay cut....

There is that...I'm in that boat too - though I was told that it was being extended. That in itself is enough to cause a PVR run, without those letters.

However, for those that aren't pensionable yet, PVR would also result in a significant (though probably temporary) pay cut.