• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are they changing the TG12 FI Tour Length?

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Got an unexpected assignment order today (unexpected because I'm already OOA) for Adj Kent; it mentions 'TOUR LENGTH CHANGE IAW DIB 2010/57' ... I can't check that where I am right now. What's the crack, Jack?

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Time to call TG9 to the front. Knew this was going to happen eventually...Have you got any contact darn Sarf from where you are. KB from Bouz is down at the mo, maybe an option

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Comms problematic right now.

Boss back home is going to try and chase this tomorrow, there has to be some error - 2 OOA's in a year? A bit harsh! (tho the one I'm on isnt DWR - but should count as DWR credit) ... I'm hoping it gets turned off, I dont relish that conversation with OC Home and Finance!

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Just spoke to KB's other half and he is unaware of it. Problem is if you are a dual hatter or have a Q then it was bound to happen, what two lists my ass. Glad I'm out and out of the rat race that's TG12

gray

Sergeant
Different trade but same DIN reference. Think it's just to clarify R&R times etc ref 4/6 months for different services. (I could be wrong though - but I'm only going for 4 - at the moment !)

Gray

N

NotAnIDOYet

Just spoke to KB's other half and he is unaware of it. Problem is if you are a dual hatter or have a Q then it was bound to happen, what two lists my ass. Glad I'm out and out of the rat race that's TG12

Just one list now matey - the SNCO IDOs are generally filling the TACRO slots as TG12 (any). Coming around more often too - the redundancies have caused a lot of people to be brought forward.

LlanClan

SAC
Different trade but same DIN reference. Think it's just to clarify R&R times etc ref 4/6 months for different services. (I could be wrong though - but I'm only going for 4 - at the moment !)Gray
This is correct. 57/10: Changes to Rest and Recuperation (R&R) Policy

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Time to call TG9 to the front. Knew this was going to happen eventually...Have you got any contact darn Sarf from where you are. KB from Bouz is down at the mo, maybe an option
TG9 Not pulling their weight in your eyes then? Got to earn your high pay band before you lose it eh?

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
'Admin error' which is nice, I wont be going (not this time anyway). And yes, by all accounts it's still a four monther.

So, whoever was last away end of 2008ish stand by for news on a Christmas 2012 holiday ...

Last edited:

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
TG9 Not pulling their weight in your eyes then? Got to earn your high pay band before you lose it eh?

I dont think its a case of not pulling weight, but if we're going to pool manpower lets do it. If not lets forget about the whole damn scheme and put our house in order.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
TG 9 have a short turnaround time too though.

Trade merger wont happen because of the pay thing at SNCO level, they wont upband TG9 and TG12 wont go down.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
huh

huh

'Admin error' which is nice, I wont be going (not this time anyway). Which is nice. And yes, by all accounts it's still a four monther.

So, whoever was last away end of 2008ish stand by for news on a Christmas 2012 holiday ...

4 yr turn around what you moaning about?:pDT_Xtremez_42:

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
4 yr turn around what you moaning about?:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Can't see anyone moaning. I was crying like a little b!tch at the thought of a 3 month turn around ... but that's been straightened out, thanks for your input.

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
That seems a bit much, I guess there's a few OOA slots there that could be filled by either trade? (much like some of our tasks could be done by your lot - many of these slots just seem to need a broad 'airspace aware' background common to both trades). Notwithstanding the pay-scale issue, one would have thought we could collectively look at this and pool resources/manpower accordingly for harmony sakes if nothing else? Just a thought ...

N

NotAnIDOYet

That seems a bit much, I guess there's a few OOA slots there that could be filled by either trade? (much like some of our tasks could be done by your lot - many of these slots just seem to need a broad 'airspace aware' background common to both trades). Notwithstanding the pay-scale issue, one would have thought we could collectively look at this and pool resources/manpower accordingly for harmony sakes if nothing else? Just a thought ...

:pDT_Xtremez_44:Certainly the TG9 Ops SNCO job at BSN could be done by a TG12 SAC:pDT_Xtremez_19:

(awaits incoming...)

Fearless Leader

Corporal

In fact they talked about introducing that kind of policy service-wide when funnily enough I sat through an AMPLT roadshow at MPA. The example they gave was for RAFP, where they were tying down 4 female coppers on search duties, when the proposed solution could be to have a single copper supervising and 3 females from any trade doing the actual searches.

The problem I suggest would comes from protectionism between certain trade sponsors. I agree the ideal situation would be to cross-fill OOA slots with trades that have crossover skill-sets. However when the bean counters start to look at certain trade profiles then the barriers get raised and no matter how strained the manning becomes, a Trade would rather fill a lot with one of their guys then let someone else do it.

It's just an opinion and I'm sure such 'political' thoughts never occur to Trade Sponsors.

And hi to my fellow scopies, it's good to be back!!!