• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aptitude =[????

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Major Beef

i have heard mixed things about these tests. most say there murder!
can anyone tell me different?

iv also heard that depending on your results they can bipass your GCSE's and get a better job - true? false?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
i have heard mixed things about these tests. most say there murder!
can anyone tell me different?

iv also heard that depending on your results they can bipass your GCSE's and get a better job - true? false?

I'm going to beat the spelling and punctuation Nazi's to it and say that if you can't master the written word on here then the aptitude tests may prove a little challenging...

Plus which tests? For the air or the ground?

Now don't take this the wrong way but take a deep breath, think about what you want to ask us and the relevant spelling/comma's etc. and fill in the gaps...

M

Moz_Magister

All the aptitude tests are really easy,

as long as you've got the aptitude.

If you think your GCSE's may be a problem then the RAF may not be for you, have you considered the army?

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

M

Major Beef

Spelling and grammer Nazi's can kiss my hairy ass (no offence) time is money and i do not have the time atm (At The Minute) so your all going to have to deal with it as it is =].

.1.Ground Crew

I dont realy no alot about the tests, AFCO isnt tooo good in brighton, didnt tell me muct about the tests. just said that take one and then from that you can see what jobs would be available to you depending on your score.

I have 7 GCSE's at min grade of C, so no there not a problem.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Spelling and grammer Nazi's can kiss my hairy ass (no ofence) time is money and i do not have the time atm (At The Minute) so your all going to have to deal with it as it is =].

.1.Ground Crew

I dont realy no alot about the tests, AFCO isnt tooo good in brighton, didnt tell me muct about the tests. just said that take one and then from that you can see what jobs would be available to you depending on your score.

Oh dear, I think your time on the Goat may be rather short. If you're after some information, that kind of attitude won't really help will it?:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

Major Beef

If it sounded sarci then im sorry it didnt mean to be. i just need some information pleeaaaassse. my AFCO is nooo good

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Spelling and grammer Nazi's can kiss my hairy ass (no offence) time is money and i do not have the time atm (At The Minute) so your all going to have to deal with it as it is =].

.1.Ground Crew

No ass's, hairy or otherwise, will be getting kissed here...

Change your attitude or try somewhere else...

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If it sounded sarci then im sorry it didnt mean to be. i just need some information pleeaaaassse. my AFCO is nooo good

The aptitude test is designed to see a) if you meet the minimum standard for the RAF and b) what trade types you are suitable for. Try not to think of it as a pass or fail exam - to be honest it's not that difficult. Judging by your post area I'm guessing you want to join as a Gunner?

M

Major Beef

well....thats what im undersided with, i am interested in Gunner but a few others take my fancy as well, so Mr AFCO said take the RAF test and it will narrow down what you can and cant do.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
well....thats what im undersided with, i am interested in Gunner but a few others take my fancy as well, so Mr AFCO said take the RAF test and it will narrow down what you can and cant do.

Exactly, this is what the test is designed to do, identify your skills and then offer a choice of trades best suited to you. Do not worry about the tests, just take on board all of the advice the AFCO give you. If you feel you are not getting a satisfactory response from the recruiter, ask to speak to a SNCO or the Officer Commanding the AFCO. With recruitment at an all time low, there shouldn't be any issues with this.

One thing, DO NOT join as a trade you really aren't interested in with the promise of a retrade later in your career - many have found this to be EXTREMELY difficult if not impossible. Once you have sat the tests and been offered the trades, try to visit your nearest RAF base and speak to some of the guys working there - you will find it a great help.

Good luck

MP

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Before you contact the AFCO again - why don't you sit down and work out what you want to ask them. If they don't know, they should ring you back with an answer.

M

Major Beef

i have done that twice and come out thinking ".......what" they just kinda lay it on a bit to thick and leave the simple but usefull info out.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
i have done that twice and come out thinking ".......what" they just kinda lay it on a bit to thick and leave the simple but usefull info out.

As Fomz says, if you go armed with a set of questions, you can come out knowing everything you wanted to know has been covered.

If the recruiter does not know, or tries to brush you off - make sure you give them the opportunity to find the info for you, if they do not, ask to speak to the next level in the Command chain (SNCO or Officer) this should sort it out.

By and large RAF recruiters are dedicated people and want to help people become part of the Air Force - this should hopefully mean they answer all of your questions.

Also, have a good read through the recruitment forum here especially the stickies, it is a very useful tool.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Off Topic

Major Beef.

Thats one hell of a dodgy barnet you've got there old son.........

Looks like you're in desperate need of a good old RAF Short back and slap!!!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Off Topic

G

gemarriott

Do us all a favour, go back to school, learn to spell, punctuate and put words into some semblance of order before posting more sh1te on here please.

M

Major Beef

sorry but for me to be accused of an atitude problem and then a MOD to come on here and slate me is extreamly unprofetional and uncalled for!

--------
Off Topic

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
sorry but for me to be accused of an atitude problem and then a MOD to come on here and slate me is extreamly unprofetional and uncalled for!

--------
Off Topic

Off Topic if you join as a Gunner, you'll have to be made of firmer stuff than that. The Taliban don't just slate you on an internet forum you know! Off Topic

M

Major Beef

yeah. But i didnt want to go over the top. keep your MOD's under control please.

Status
Not open for further replies.