• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

aptitude test

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Sensible Answer

Sensible Answer

The score isn't that high but the math element may be (is) important.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Since this is in the recruiting forum I am going to assume this is a serious question and I will try to give it a serious answer.

The purpose of the aptitude tests is to see to which trade(s) you are most suited. It is difficult to prepare for them because if you don't have a natural ability for, e.g., engineering, the tests are designed to identify that.

All you can do is relax, do your best, and see what you are offered.

Good luck!

garside

LAC
for steward you need a group score of A 39 and both your nm and vr to be level four.

pretty easy to get that tbh, i messed my aptitude test up big time and got that as an option.

hence why im retaking mine, trust me to want to go for UQ tekkie, iirc, thats the highest score you need in the AST

wouldnt recommend that job tbh, been told its crap.
(by a squadron leader)

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
for steward you need a group score of A 39 and both your nm and vr to be level four.

pretty easy to get that tbh, i messed my aptitude test up big time and got that as an option.

hence why im retaking mine, trust me to want to go for UQ tekkie, iirc, thats the highest score you need in the AST

wouldnt recommend that job tbh, been told its crap.
(by a squadron leader)

Excellent answer. I've only been in for 37 years now and couldn't understand quite what you were saying. He's going to find it extemely difficult!

UQ tekkie, group score of A 39, nm and vr to be level four. WTF?

Have another go in English, although I do indeed appreciate what you're trying to get across.

freebass

LAC
Hiya
How do you know what the pass levels are? And what does A39 mean?
I have my test in a week. :pDT_Xtremez_09:

I've found these sites quite helpful

http://www.psychometric-success.com/

http://www.shldirect.com/

Give it one week and I'll tell you just how helpful though!

Knowing the scores doesn't matter at all, and it will only confuse you and put yourself under added pressure trying to achieve the mysterious score! The AST will show your strong and weak areas. If you fail or don't achieve the required score for your chosen trade, use the experience wisely and work on your weaker points, in my experience the second attempt at the AST is usually better.

garside

LAC
Excellent answer. I've only been in for 37 years now and couldn't understand quite what you were saying. He's going to find it extemely difficult!

UQ tekkie, group score of A 39, nm and vr to be level four. WTF?

Have another go in English, although I do indeed appreciate what you're trying to get across.

well, thats how they worded it to me basically
its a lot easier to understand when youve got the sheet in front of you.

U

unknowntoyou

reply to "why do you want to be an air steward?"

to be honest I'm re thinking it been looking into it properly and i want to do something more important just not sure what

I'm an 18 year old girl with GCSE's fitness isn't fantastic but improving that

any suggestions on what to go for ?

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!

to be honest I'm re thinking it been looking into it properly and i want to do something more important just not sure what

Hi unknowntoyou what I would suggest is you begin by doing some research on the RAF careers website www.rafcareers.com to be honest only you can decide on what you want to do.

U

unknowntoyou

thankyou to everyone for their comments
i have looked in depth into air steward and the people who said to not do the job was right
i have looked into other things and because i dont have science my choices have been reduced .
i am thinking of becoming a supplier instead

Y

Yorkshire_Gal

Unknowntoyou

I'm currently going through the selection process. It might be worth you knowing that I didn't have the science for my chosen trade but they've allowed me to go for it anyway, if it's a trade in high demand and you do well enough on the AST then you should be able to do it.
Deffinately worth speaking to them down the AFCO to see where you stand with this.

Good luck :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek

Have you considered the RAF Police?