• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone work with my grandad?

S

stuart955

Didn't know where to put this so it's here.

Anyone worked with or heard of Jim/James Aitken?
My grandad started out Navy, but finished in the RAF. I don't have a clue what he did. It was a ground trade and may have been something involving mechanics, engineering, or driving.

He died when I was about 7, in the mid nineties at quite a young age, I think barely 60, so probably served in the 70's or 80's. He lived near Reading, so may have been based near there before retiring?

Just thought I'd see if anyone could shed some light. I could always ask my dad, but thought it'd be more interesting to find some old colleagues etc.