• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone know what the dashboard mounted 'green light' box does in MT vehicles??

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
If you believe the blurb, Big Brother is watching you everytime you use excessive acceleration, cornering force or speed.........

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Yeah, its a spy in the cab type box. Monitors how hard you brake and accelerate and writes a nasty report to MT if you are too heavy on either.

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
I Think it records your speed etc.
If it goes red your in the muck
Some old crusty MT Cpl with 40 years will bore you to death on your return.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
If your lucky enough like we are to have all the section vehicles with broken monitor systems then you are then duly required to thrash said vehicles round the airfield. May as well make the most of it before they swap them out with vehicles that do have the monitors.

Last edited:

ERT

Corporal
Ive had one go RED before, it was rather funny as I thought it was not going to go off. I was driving within the speed limit, just the road went sharp left, then a sharp right. The left made is Orange, the next made it Red.

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
In my day there used to a Zob in the back telling me off if I was driving like a tw@t.

Last edited:

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
Leconfield (Normandy Barracks ugh...) get to look at all the info. When they demonstrated a live feed they used one of their section wagons. Turned out the pongo full screw had used it to pop home for lunch... Cue one way conversation on his return given we'd just been briefed on incorrect use of MT vehicles.

Craig855s

Sergeant
they are overly sensitive so you wont get balled at if you made it go red for taking a roundabout at a speed within the limit. But you will have your 600 immediately taken over you for going over a ton, that's happened

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
GPS tracked too, so it can tell where the motor is (or shouldn't be). They probably scratched their heads when I was parked in the fast lane of the M6 for 2 hours..