• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone know anything about Personal Career Solutions?

MeerKat

SAC
Afternoon All,
I'm about half-way through resettlement and received a cold-call email the other day from a company calling themselves Personal Career Solutions. I've had a quick look at their website and it all looks fairly legit, but, I know that means nothing in the big scheme of things.
Has anyone on here heard of them or know anything about them? Even better, if anyone has had any dealing with them, what's the gen?

Public replies or PMs welcome

Cheers

They are legit and pretty helpful. I went along to their Leeds office, where you basically have an 'interview'. Nothing taxing, they just try to get info about you and then match you to a role.

Good luck

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
They provide a service if you need it and are willing to pay for it.

There are plenty of personal/professional coaches out there and judging by the website they are looking to coach managers up the greasy career pole.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Any half decent recruitment agency will help you with your CV etc, these lot look dodgy to me.

MeerKat

SAC
Gents,
Thanks for the replies (especially Vim, the links were really helpful) - sort of what I was expecting.
Rgds
MK

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Cvs should match individual job listings, you cannot use a standard CV for all jobs.

This type of firm seems to want it's cake and eat it and have a slice of your cake too,

They will earn 15% - 20% of your salary on placement so to take a couple hundred quid off a job seeker just annoys me.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi Abigail...That was my personal experience so valid for a forum of ex-servicemen asking questions about your companies services. The links I placed on my thread are not ones that I commented on personally but easily found using google so valid to reference i.e. anyone can carry out a search as it is 'open source'. My experience of your company was approx 18 months ago if not longer now if that helps you in any way.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
The responses here are those of the member concerned and are based on their personal excellence of your company and for that reason will not be removed but you have had your right to respond instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta