• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Animated avatars

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
I've just been trying to change my avatar from a picture to an animated version.

Every time I try to upload it I keep getting told I can't upload Animated images.

Does anyone have any suggestions???????

T

The Masked Geek

Yeah, don't upload animated images. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've just been trying to change my avatar from a picture to an animated version.

Every time I try to upload it I keep getting told I can't upload Animated images.

Does anyone have any suggestions???????

You need to be a donator or subscriber to the site.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Upload the gif to photobucket, then insert the url into your avatar field. Or if the gif exists on another website, use the existing url.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Guys and Gals, Can you help.

I am having trouble uploaing animated avatars. I keep getting the message "invalid url" if I try and link it via another site. I've downloaded it to my desktop and uploaded it, but it is static on the first frame of animation.(please see my avatar above). I've tried other sites and different animations to no avail.

Advice needed please.

Completely baffled.

Regards,

TW

M

monobrow

Found a way to get it working....

Go to the site, right click the animation and "Save picture as"...
Make sure you give it a short filename like matrix.gif
Use the upload from your computer tool.

The only reason I can think of is that the filename is more than 12 characters long. because doing the above got it working for me ::D:

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yeah, I noticed you clever G!t.

Will give it a go tomorrow now, It's 00.38 at the mo and I got work at 04.30:S

Thanks for the advice old chap.

TW

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Guys and Gals, Can you help.

I am having trouble uploaing animated avatars. I keep getting the message "invalid url" if I try and link it via another site. I've downloaded it to my desktop and uploaded it, but it is static on the first frame of animation.(please see my avatar above). I've tried other sites and different animations to no avail.

Advice needed please.

Completely baffled.

Regards,

TW
Can you have animated avatars then ? :pDT_Xtremez_17:
wow, how neat is that. :pDT_Xtremez_15:
Hey Cooheed, animated avatars mate ! whatever next eh ? :pDT_Xtremez_29:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can you have animated avatars then ? :pDT_Xtremez_17:
wow, how neat is that. :pDT_Xtremez_15:
Hey Cooheed, animated avatars mate ! whatever next eh ? :pDT_Xtremez_29:

Oi you sarky fcuker, stfu I'm not daft, I was just having probs uploading a new avatar.

Sorted it now :pDT_Xtremez_14:

TW

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone else's .gif files doing nothing now but acting as a .jpg?