• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anchor text links

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
If I want to link to another page or website click HERE

This method is a great way of making your posts look more professional and allows search engine to rank us higher because we are adding links and keywords. everyone on e-goat at the minute posts links like this http://www.dslzoneuk.net/speedtest.php when in fact a nicer way would be to say "Visit the ADSL Speed Test website and see how fast your connection is"

The tutorial below shows you how to do it.

You can highlight the text afterwards, make it bold by clicking the B button in the editor or even change its colour by clicking the little A with a colour bar under it.

Its reallly simple and as i say makes it look more pro.

Image 1

This is the blank editor window your greeted with

image1.jpg

Image 2

Type your text as you want it to be and when you want to link hightlight the text.

image2.jpg

Image 3

Once the text that you want to turn into a link is highlighted click the "Insert Icon" icon (represented by earth with a small paperclip) and enter the address of the page you want to link to.

image4.jpg

Once this is done click ok and your done, you text link should now be underlined and when you click on it you should be redirected to the website you linked to.

Try messing around with a few variations, the best form of learning is to tinker and fook up.......just don't come crying to me :)

I hope this helps us all to become a bit tidier when posting.

Cheers Big Ears!!

Last edited:

zipfish

Mr
It doesn't work. At least not for me anyway. Although I accept that it's probably just me being a mong.

When I highlight some text then click on the little paperclip planet, I just get the normal weblink pop-up, not the fancy one that pops up in your fig3.

T

The Masked Geek

zipfish said:
It doesn't work. At least not for me anyway. Although I accept that it's probably just me being a mong.

When I highlight some text then click on the little paperclip planet, I just get the normal weblink pop-up, not the fancy one that pops up in your fig3.

If you don't get the fancy box try this:

This is a link to {URL="http://www.e-goat.co.uk"}E-goat{/URL}.

Just replace the squirly brackets "{}" for square ones "[]" and it'll look something like this once you post the reply:

This is a link to E-goat.

Last edited:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Thanks MG mate.

You need to be in advanced mode to get these buttons. Just left click the word that you want to make into a link, keep the lmb pressed and drag the pointer to the end of the word. Select the little icon with a planet and a paperclip on. Then when the little window pops up type or paste in the link address there like the piccy above. Thats all there is to it!!!

sumps

Sergeant
Well done MATE!!! - why dont you just stick up all those PM's I sent you and make me look realy thick!

S:pDT_Xtremez_28: