• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Coppers are brilliant

Could you Rozzer types have a word in the shell-likes of there previously mentioned MGRS fellows.

Could you let them know that when on Passes & Permits Duty, they don't have to say Sir or Ma'am to everybody at the end of every sentence.

Its quite annoying and time wasting when in a 40 min queue for a car pass.

Sir / Ma'am

C

Cat of Shadows

Pre-814 Promotion Norms

Pre-814 Promotion Norms

chiprafp said:
Already been cut, they stopped recruiting for a while and it was all natural wasteage, couldnt afford the redundancy bill. To be fair it has been good for the trade, we are finally doing the job we joined up to do and promotion is returning to historic 814 days (slowly)

I must admit this is really good news. Being a former Fed in another life I still have a good number of friends who stayed with it and will hopefully now start to reap the rewards; much deserved to all.

Really glad to see the trade is getting back to what I joined to do in '90, always was going to be CI, is it any wonder then that I've gone the one step further and become a spook zobbit....................absolutely not. All we need now are more Spooks who actually truly understand CI without having to constantly refer to the JSP bible!!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Is that 2.2 yrs historic promotion from A/CPL LAC TO A/CPL SAC? :D

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
CI???????? Community???????

CI???????? Community???????

I've just been reading this thread and am slightly concerned about wannabe Sherlock Holmes. I quite like the idea of jumped up LAC/Acting Cpl Unpaid Dixonofdockgreen wandering round the quarters patch bullying the the little Heinz 57 quarters brats into not setting fire to the hive and keeping the decibel level below 100dB's. Policing is a community job whatever theatre you're in. And I know I'd rather a RAF Copper give my a lad a clip round the ear and tell me next time I saw him in the bar so I could clip his other ear. (My lads other ear that is. Not the coppers..lol) After a tour of Heartbeat police work then let him loose on the real criminals like the ones with illegal desktops on their windows NT system.lol. :D

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
If only we had the easy time to deal with dependants here, they are the least of our worries!

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Assaults, thefts, drugs and lately there havebeen a lot of calls to attempt suicides but I worry at questions from your good self because they may lead to a **** take :)

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Attempted suicides? Blimey where on earth are you. Things can't be so bad that people have to commit suicide!!! :(

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Cosford the home of the baby techies! To be fair theres only been a few lately and one of those was a civvie at the local railway bridge.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

I saw it on Arrse. As you seem to attend alot of suicides I thought it might appeal to you. Its better than counselling.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I dont personally attend a lot I have been to one attempted suicide lately and other lads have dealt with attempts, luckily none have succeeded or have been cries for help.

Goaty

Corporal
There were 3 suicides while I was at Marham, one of them being one of your canine chaps. Sad buisness really. Seemed right as reign the day before and nobody noticed until the arms check a couple of days later.......

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Always a sad state of affairs when someone can see no other way out than to take their own life.

A

always_broken_in_wilts

Being an RAF scuffer can do that to you tho;:D

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Life outside

Life outside

cup of corrrfeee

Ladies and Gentlemen ('cos I'm old fashioned), If you are thinking that after the Defence Review has finished a job in civvie police beckons, forget it! My force, West Midlands, are not recruiting for the next four years and skilled and experienced officers are being retired as soon as they have reached pensionable age! If you go anywhere, the colonies beckon especially Canada, Australia & NZ.
By the way, ignore the comments from the army about RAF police. I wouldn't trust most of them to sit the right way on a toilet. Our son is in TPW and my wife thinks you're all lovely (as for me, keep thinking evil and trust nobody who'se not a copper!). This endeth today's lesson.