• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Albania.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Not recently, but spent a year in Kosovo then a few years ago travelled around Albania for a few weeks. Have a few friends who live in Tirana.. A beautiful place….in parts!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
A friend of mine has just returned from her annual two week holiday there. Loves the place.
Can you ask her why so many young single men find it so bad that they have to risk their life crossing the channel on a dinghy?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I was working at an 'Asylum Hotel' just outside Boston Lincs over the last few days with 120 Service Users as Serco call them.
They have, at mine and your expense ...

1. Two per room.
  2. Continental breakfast.
  3. Cooked lunch.
  4. Cooked evening meal.
  5. Transport into Boston 2 days each week.
  6. Laundry service each week.
  7. Bedding changes each week.
  8. Multichannel TV in the rooms.
  9. Free WiFi.
  10. £8.00 each week spending money.
  11. Free toiletries.
  12. Medical and dental appointments on the day or the following working day with a free taxi there and back.

On a daily basis, there are 3 Hotel staff doing the laundry, general repairs and sorting the rooms.
Two Serco staff that don't know their arse from their elbow.
One cook.

How much is this costing just for that one place?

Hot Shoes

Corporal
On a daily basis, there are 3 Hotel staff doing the laundry, general repairs and sorting the rooms.
One cook.
Which one were you🤣

There was one of these "hotels" due to open in or near Ipswich, large enough to house most of Suffolk's quota, seems its run into red tape or complaints and has not opened. One valid consideration was that most of the existing staff would see their jobs end as you point out it does not take a full complement to serve the asylum seeker compared with a tourist.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Which one were you🤣

There was one of these "hotels" due to open in or near Ipswich, large enough to house most of Suffolk's quota, seems its run into red tape or complaints and has not opened. One valid consideration was that most of the existing staff would see their jobs end as you point out it does not take a full complement to serve the asylum seeker compared with a tourist.

I am the one that unexpectedly turns up and the Serco staff say oh sh!t, and run around trying to get their paperwork straight.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
I'd be having the Albanians share with the Iranians, just for the lolz
You can imagine what it was like back in 2000/1 trying train the newly formed Kosovo Police Service comprising of Albanians and Serbs . They hated each other and slept in separate dormitories, ate at separate mess tables, sat on different sides of the classrooms..It was an interesting place to be , especially during Albania’s FIFA qualifying matches in 2001 when they had the Indian contingent riot squads on standby in case it kicked off at the training academy..

Johned

SAC
I was working at an 'Asylum Hotel' just outside Boston Lincs over the last few days with 120 Service Users as Serco call them.
They have, at mine and your expense ...

1. Two per room.
  2. Continental breakfast.
  3. Cooked lunch.
  4. Cooked evening meal.
  5. Transport into Boston 2 days each week.
  6. Laundry service each week.
  7. Bedding changes each week.
  8. Multichannel TV in the rooms.
  9. Free WiFi.
  10. £8.00 each week spending money.
  11. Free toiletries.
  12. Medical and dental appointments on the day or the following working day with a free taxi there and back.

One cook.

How much is this costing just for that one place?
Quite a number of OAPs would not mind a deal like that!

dctyke

Corporal
Wish I could get my teeth checked. Ours shut down three years ago and it’s impossible to get into another practice.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Just been reading a BBC article about Albanian illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

It makes interesting reading.

bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63473022

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
No, but they could seriously do with sending the 10K Albanian single men there as a statement of intent. At the moment, its just more words coming from their lips. If they actually started transferring asylum seekers to Rwanda, it may be their one chance of avoiding wipe-out at the next GE, as it courts a level of favour across political lines.