• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Airsoft! Merged

JonnyB

LAC
Just thought I would see how much of a following the plastic gun brigade has in the RAF? Any one into airsoft? whats your loadout etc? It would be nice to set up some sort of RAF Airsoft club so we can bring our expensive habit out of the closet a bit more often!

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Airsoft and the RAF/Forces

Airsoft and the RAF/Forces

Then think again!!! :pDT_Xtremez_32:

Going to put my neck on the block here and come out in the open on the topic of Airsoft in the military and yes I am fully aware of it's reputation.

I've been airsofting for just over 5 years and can quite easily say that I'm not a walt, cabbage, troll, sadass (well that is up for consideration!). Same goes for all the others that currently participate.

I agree that those on arrse and elsewhere that have an issue with some civvies walting around parading insignia and badges. The argument of if you want to run around and fire a gun then join up, does not wash with a lot of them seeing as they have high paying jobs and yes would rather pretend. Don't a lot of other people do the same thing in front of the games consoles?

Yes there are assholes across the forum sites who pretend that they are in the mob and walt it up to the max, the majority of airsofters would agree with us that they are ****** .

However, at the end of the day it is just a bit of fun. The fact that I'm in the military gives me an advantage that I already have most of the kit required to take part. No, I do not have any secret SAS fantasies (my kit consists of a old pair of combats and a pair of boots).

At the most cabbage level it gives you a chance to utilise some of those skills that the rocks tried to give you at their most basic level. I've had a regt officer who we took out who said that from his point of view it was a cracking aid to how to look at basic guerilla warfare. Alternatively it gives you a reasonably cheap day out, there are a load of decent people out there who take part, plus you get the chance to twaat your mate with some plastic pellets!

I for one, used to poo poo people who took part until one day I gave it a shot (literally). Have not looked back since. If you look across the RAF and UK Forces there are some wierd and wonderful hobbies out there, Wargaming, Model Planes, Powerkiting etc.

So in response to JonnyB who I notice really needs to start posting some more, yes I am involved in the Airsoft world to the extent that an RAF Association is in the pipeline. If you want any further details PM me. To everyone else please don't knock it till you try it, and I'll be right alongside you laughing at and slagging off the fat civvie pretend para wannabes.:pDT_Xtremez_29:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Going to put my neck on the block here and come out in the open on the topic of Airsoft in the military and yes I am fully aware of it's reputation.

I've been airsofting for just over 5 years
Dear shiney_arse surely this open, honest but quite frankly sick admision would have been more appropriate in the Ask Sausage thread

:pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

F

Fablon biff chit

Is this you?

And this is your room?

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Hu & Fablon - Thank you for your highly amusing and constructive comments. Especially Fablon for rehashing things already covered at length over at arrse. As said I laugh at others quite readily and more than happy to cover this issue over the forum.

However can I please ask that you and others open up a thread slating airsoft in either the playground, pigs bar or fight club in order that I can maintain this thread in the Hobbies forum.

I thank you:pDT_Xtremez_32: !

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
OK, Apologies, just a joke.

No offence intended!

None taken fella, and as said before I do have a sense of humour over the subject, so please carry the slating topic anew on another thread. I for one have wet myself at some of the carry ons that are out there in certain forums. (Some arrsers have a degree in walt baiting)

Rosco151

LAC
Airsoft! Merged

Any geardos and toy-gun-toting weirdos among us? Yes, I know it looks odd to the outsider, but it's a genuinely enjoyable SPORT (teams, points scoring, the odd over-enthusiastic competitive player that'll ocassionally try to start a fight).

Just wondered if there were any like-minds out there, have run into a few forces guys (current and former) at the games and it'd be worth keeping an eye out for anyone else.

Atm the moment, GASS at Long Crendon is my local site, but Finmere isn't too far away either. Have also played at Urban Assault, Close Action and FreeFire Zone up in the Peterborough area.

Rosco151

LAC
I will indeed be there for that game, along with another RAF geezer (admin, unfortunately), one Int Corp, and one civvie tradesman who wishes he was one of us...

Who should I look out for? I'll be the fat bloke in the unmarked CS95, PLCE webbing with a Tanith Badge (GW geek ahoy), packing a Hi-Capa 4.3, TM M14 OD and ICS MP5A5.

Cheers for the pointer for that thread, but it really should be considered a sport. Hobby? Past-time? Just belittles it!

Rosco151

LAC
Proud airsofter here, been doing it for years. Most of the guys I team up with are all forces chaps, Raf here, Int Corp there, good mix. In fact, my local site is run by another RAF chappie from Benson, got to say it's the best I've been to.

Yes, it ****es me off to see the odd w@ltw@nker, and the true geardos that pitch up are nothing short of a joke for the most part, but the good players are the ones that do it purely for the fun, not for the military-masturbatory aid that it serves as for some people (yes, I imagine many of them make use of a full length mirror to enjoy themselves while wearing the gear).

I don't take myself too seriously, I know I'm not cut out for the full-on soldiering business, that's why i joined the RAF. I look at the whole thing purely as a sport and a good past-time that I enjoy with my friends.

Shiney-arse, look forward to either shooting at you or with you on the 25th!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Proud airsofter here, been doing it for years. Most of the guys I team up with are all forces chaps, Raf here, Int Corp there, good mix. In fact, my local site is run by another RAF chappie from Benson, got to say it's the best I've been to.

Yes, it ****es me off to see the odd w@ltw@nker, and the true geardos that pitch up are nothing short of a joke for the most part, but the good players are the ones that do it purely for the fun, not for the military-masturbatory aid that it serves as for some people (yes, I imagine many of them make use of a full length mirror to enjoy themselves while wearing the gear).

I don't take myself too seriously, I know I'm not cut out for the full-on soldiering business, that's why i joined the RAF. I look at the whole thing purely as a sport and a good past-time that I enjoy with my friends.

Shiney-arse, look forward to either shooting at you or with you on the 25th!

And the need to post on this old thread was ? You've already been talking on the subject HERE so why spread it around ?

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Rosco151

LAC
Yeah. Sorry, I felt the need to post on "that old thread" because it was relevant to my interests. Necroposting is one thing, the subject was open and I really couldn't see how it would bother anyone who wouldn't be interested in the subject.

Far from spreading it aorund, Shiney was good enough to point out the other thread AFTER I'd already made my first post, so I thought I'd better shift over to the more current one.

I wasn't aware of the thread in the seperate area (Hobbies, Past-times). Is it really a problem? I'm new to the forum, and as of yet my knowledge of what there is here is something short of total.

One friendly welcome to E-Goat, one not quite so, hey-ho usual internet forum stuff...

Anyway, Shiney, I know who you are now, be afraid... :pDT_Xtremez_32: :pDT_Xtremez_30:

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Cheers fella and likewise :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Don't mind Tashy-Man - he likes to oversight the threads and does a fine job too (apart from the whining). Blue Peter badge must be in the post sometime soon. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

L

Lord Azrael

Just getting into this myself for a laugh up here in the icy north!
I'm just awaiting delivery of an SRC M4A1 & there's a site just north of Inverness now called WildWoodz that I intend to take a run out to soon.

If there's anyone else up at Kinloss/Lossie interested in this, feel free to give me a shout.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Somewhere between a well-known secret training base in the west Midlands and the M54, there's what looks like a site of interest.
Any go ?