• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Airman-Officer

The Logitician

Corporal
Can anyone help?

I have trawled all Station websites (OASC prep clubs), RAF Cranwell OASC website, and have found no information on qualifications required. Not actually been to any clubs, which may ofcourse of provided me with the info!

I've just been promoted to Cpl, 8yrs service and am looking to better myself and provide a better lifestyle for my family. From what i know (father in-law Lt col RLC) this is the way forward. This is a path i want to do and succeed in, one i know i am currently and will be totally committed to.

any advice/gen would be great.

Cheers:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've just been promoted to Cpl, 8yrs service and am looking to better myself and provide a better lifestyle for my family. From what i know (father in-law Lt col RLC) this is the way forward. This is a path i want to do and succeed in, one i know i am currently and will be totally committed to.

So his daughter married down then. :0

Get your Lt Col in law put a nice word in for you. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

You should also make sure that your degree in english is recognised in your application.

Congrats on the promotion.

TW

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Can anyone help?

I have trawled all Station websites (OASC prep clubs), RAF Cranwell OASC website, and have found no information on qualifications required. Not actually been to any clubs, which may ofcourse of provided me with the info!

Didn't try very hard then.

This info I found by typing "RAF OFFICER" on Google, link on the first returned site..

RAF OFFICER JOBS

What branch do you want to be?

TotalWar

LAC
With respect to the above helpful responders, and I use the word helpful quite wrongly.
The Internal Commissioning Scheme allows Cpls and above to apply for a commission. The requirements could be as low as JMLC, TMT1, and 3 GCSE's inc Maths and English.
see AP 3393 for more info.

I would recommend that you approach your Commissioning Club. I went to a full day of the club last week and found it very beneficial.

Good luck.

The Logitician

Corporal
With respect to the above helpful responders, and I use the word helpful quite wrongly.
The Internal Commissioning Scheme allows Cpls and above to apply for a commission. The requirements could be as low as JMLC, TMT1, and 3 GCSE's inc Maths and English.
see AP 3393 for more info.

I would recommend that you approach your Commissioning Club. I went to a full day of the club last week and found it very beneficial.

Good luck.

Thats great, will be sure to have a look, thankyou.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
Extract from 3393

Copying from the defence intranet is prohibited. Don't Do It.

There, that wasn't difficult...

And you couldn't find this on the OASC website? It worked for me, ok.

Hopefully, initiative is no longer a pre-requisite for selection. Maybe it's part of the core curriculum:pDT_Xtremez_30:

You have a PM, Logitician

Last edited by a moderator:

The Logitician

Corporal
Extract from 3393

Copying from the defence intranet is prohibited. Don't Do It.

There, that wasn't difficult...

And you couldn't find this on the OASC website? It worked for me, ok.

Hopefully, initiative is no longer a pre-requisite for selection. Maybe it's part of the core curriculum:pDT_Xtremez_30:

You have a PM, Logitician

Hey, thats great, thankyou. You're right i must not of looked hard enough, all a learning curve.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Grand Prix fanatic..
Just to let you know, before you jump the gun again, the qualifications are different for serving members depending on how many years service you have and what rank you are. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Try your boss (who will be most helpful, if he/she is any good) or your chief clerk / PSF then, if you don't want to try your unit's comissioning club.

Have a nice day.. What branch do you wish to pursue?

EngO's were HNC/D a while back.

Is it Supply Branch that you want?

Last edited:

The Logitician

Corporal
Try your boss (who will be most helpful, if he/she is any good) or your chief clerk / PSF then, if you don't want to try your unit's comissioning club.

Have a nice day.. What branch do you wish to pursue?

EngO's were HNC/D a while back.

Is it Supply Branch that you want?

In the past 1.5 yrs i have seen my boss 5 times, two of those were at the beer calls, so not my best option, never around or seems to interested.

I think the comissioning club would obviously be my best option, be a world of knowledge in there when it starts up again.

Supply Officer is what i would aim for as it is somthing i know i would enjoy, and would benifit me in the long run. Wanting to gain CIPS/CILTs qualifications during my time, opens up lots of options in the outside world for when i leave.

Cheers again

Grand Prix fanatic..
In the past 1.5 yrs i have seen my boss 5 times, two of those were at the beer calls, so not my best option, never around or seems to interested.

I think the comissioning club would obviously be my best option, be a world of knowledge in there when it starts up again.

Supply Officer is what i would aim for as it is somthing i know i would enjoy, and would benifit me in the long run. Wanting to gain CIPS/CILTs qualifications during my time, opens up lots of options in the outside world for when i leave.

Cheers again

No problems. I would take TW's advice on spelling through. Officers don't get shot down with spelling and punctuation mistakes, like what is marked in bold. Your furture career would benefit with a little proof reading (I'm terrible at it too!) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

The Logitician

Corporal
No problems. I would take TW's advice on spelling through. Officers don't get shot down with spelling and punctuation mistakes, like what is marked in bold. Your furture career would benefit with a little proof reading (I'm terrible at it too!) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Yep, thats me trying to type fast with my little 2yr old, what a mean daddy i am not playing with her!

English is defiently not my strong point, i need to improve on this lots.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

tag_lincoln

Corporal
In all seriousness if your english is poor then you might want to go and do an English GCSE or something similar. Whilst it may not have an impact on your application process it could have an affect (as opposed to effect) on your training. Ex airmen have failed the course before due to poor academics and although lots of cadets struggle, including graduates, anything you can do to release capacity and time will allow you to concentrate on more important things.