• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aircraft crash at Heathrow

T

Tubby

hope it ends up ok, bout to go n watch the news now, we had one land short not to long ago n they where fine so touch wood eh

firestorm

Warrant Officer
just thinking that

Yup. An extra terminal (its hooj!) another one planned, the possibility of one, maybe 2 more runways and the massive development in an area of high density population and commerce.
Its a recipe for disaster.
Planning, what planning.

T

Tubby

its in one piece just about and no obvious fires, every got off, good landing then

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Live feed on the beeb now.
Looks like it came down 400-500m short of 27 left. The worrying thing is that is aircraft had a major problem then it flew across a big chunk of London.

Last edited:
T

totallyangrydave

I am glad I am not waiting on a flight out of Heathrow beacuase there will be major delays now.

M

Mental Muppet

Eye witness said it nearly hit the roof of his car! Thats just before it crashed on fire...with explosions .....etc....no doubt. Why do all witness's say that crashed aircraft land on fire with explosions? I have seen the footage on tv and looks, by grace of god, as if they have all had a lucky escape.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Eye witness said it nearly hit the roof of his car! Thats just before it crashed on fire...with explosions .....etc....no doubt. Why do all witness's say that crashed aircraft land on fire with explosions? I have seen the footage on tv and looks, by grace of god, as if they have all had a lucky escape.
Looking at the pics on the news i'd say he wasn't far wrong with saying it nearly hit his car, the A30 and Hatton cross LUL are within 1/4 mile from this incident.

Chaka

Sergeant
It's very inconsiderate of British Airways to delay the PM. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Let's hope Brown and his chums are OK waiting in the VIP lounge and that the champers does not get too warm on the his waiting 747.

(I know, I'll get me coat.):pDT_Xtremez_28:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Just goes to show that the stopway/clearway (whichever way you look at it) did its job