• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFPS 75 - Further offer to transfer to AFPS 05

feckinG RANT

Corporal
Ok, quick question which may bring some long answers. Tried doing a search on this and didn't find anything so here goes.

There's some belief where I work that when the offer of AFPS 75 or AFPS 05 was given out some years ago that there was a caveat saying that, if staying on AFPS 75, personnel would have one opportunity in the future to transfer to AFPS 05.

Can anyone offer any help? Essentially, can someone on AFPS 75 move to 05? If not, could this be challenged through the legal system based on the fact that when the offer was given most people didn't know if they'd have long enough career in the RAF in which to benefit from the AFPS 05.

Thanks.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I posed this question with CASWO last year. His reply was it was a one time offer from the treasury, end of.

P1ssed a lot of us off as we were caught in a promotion freeze at the time and there was no way of knowing when it would end.

If you look at the original AFPS 75 booklet that you were given then there is a statement saying just that. I was at the 'guinea pig' unit prior to release and the Treasury were told to remove it. Problem was they'd already printed the booklets. They later released an amendment to the booklet but this came out after the original offer. I will be challenging this is I stay in long enough to justify transferring to APFS 05.

feckinG RANT

Corporal
If you look at the original AFPS 75 booklet that you were given then there is a statement saying just that. I was at the 'guinea pig' unit prior to release and the Treasury were told to remove it. Problem was they'd already printed the booklets. They later released an amendment to the booklet but this came out after the original offer. I will be challenging this is I stay in long enough to justify transferring to APFS 05.

This is what we thought, in fact an ex Chief who works with me as a civvy still has his booklet and is going to bring it in.

From a legal point of view, assuming the booklet is quite clear, if anyone choose 75 over 05 with a view to using the transfer option at a later date and is subsequently refused the option then I would assume you have a strong case?

C

CC

When I decided to stick with AFPS 75 it was made very clear that it was a one off offer.

I've already had one guy try to fight it and he got nowhere.

Odie

Sergeant
As with Shiney Scott, I also thought the booklet said there remained a once only option to swap from AFPS 75 to AFPS 05, when I tried the answer was an emphatic, "No!". The downside is that I binned the booklet so couldn't wave it under their noses and insist they fulfilled the option that had been clearly published.

Bikerbill

LAC
I have been discussing this with my colleagues and we are under the impression that you can change from 75 to AFPS05 so long as you have not previously declined that offer to transfer. In the AFPS05 booklet it does explain this. Naturally I have left the vital info in work so will have to up-date this info on Tuesday when I'm back in work.

KingGuin

Sergeant
I have been discussing this with my colleagues and we are under the impression that you can change from 75 to AFPS05 so long as you have not previously declined that offer to transfer. In the AFPS05 booklet it does explain this. Naturally I have left the vital info in work so will have to up-date this info on Tuesday when I'm back in work.

When the change was being administered individuals had to elect to stay on 75 or transfer to 05. I think you will find the requisite paperwork stated that those who did not elect to transfer would, by default, have been deemed to have elected to stay on the old. However, good luck fellah. In my time as Chf Clk I had 3 cases (all of which individuals and their legal briefs considered strong) be rejected.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I remember with 100% certainty that at the time if you did nothing about this matter by 'X' date then it was deemed that you wished to remain on AFPS 75.

At the time I was quite happy with this as my planned professional trajectory would have seen me out at 12 yrs That has now changed with my new career aspirations. Whilst it would be nice to be given a second bite of the Cherry I am not going to make a fuss.

Not the best situation but hey ho.

mick-a-nick

Corporal
All,
Have the booklet in front of me
Offer To Transfer(OTT)
Page 1, Column1, paragraph 3:
The decision whether or not to transfer is an important one for you and your family. Your decision will affect the value of the benefits that will be payable when you leave or die. You will have only one opportunity to transfer, known as the Offer To Transfer (OTT), and once you have made your decision you cannot change it.

Letter OTT - Statement Re-Issue - 06 October 2005
Original Personal Benefit Statement (PBS) contained an error.

All personnel were given the opportunity to change if they had based their decision on the PBS that contained the error but this had to be with AFPAA by 26 Jan 06.

I'm sad having all this stuff still in my briefcase, but as my exit date is imminent (14 days away), I will not shred it just yet

M

Mickwreay

All,
Have the booklet in front of me
Offer To Transfer(OTT)
Page 1, Column1, paragraph 3:
The decision whether or not to transfer is an important one for you and your family. Your decision will affect the value of the benefits that will be payable when you leave or die. You will have only one opportunity to transfer, known as the Offer To Transfer (OTT), and once you have made your decision you cannot change it.

Letter OTT - Statement Re-Issue - 06 October 2005
Original Personal Benefit Statement (PBS) contained an error.

All personnel were given the opportunity to change if they had based their decision on the PBS that contained the error but this had to be with AFPAA by 26 Jan 06.

I'm sad having all this stuff still in my briefcase, but as my exit date is imminent (14 days away), I will not shred it just yet

Having just left the mob, I stayed on the good old system. However, around 3 years ago, I contacted the pension place in scotland. Their answer was "we will look at any request to transfer on a case by case basis"

Remember, if you don't ask you don't get!!!

Many of the older farts were asked to make a decision as a Cpl, yet they may now be well on the way to FS with the chance to sign on to 55, obviously this changes things with regard to the new pension scheme.

A first class stamp is all it will cost you to ask the question in a formal manner!

feckinG RANT

Corporal
Having just left the mob, I stayed on the good old system. However, around 3 years ago, I contacted the pension place in scotland. Their answer was "we will look at any request to transfer on a case by case basis"

Remember, if you don't ask you don't get!!!

Many of the older farts were asked to make a decision as a Cpl, yet they may now be well on the way to FS with the chance to sign on to 55, obviously this changes things with regard to the new pension scheme.

A first class stamp is all it will cost you to ask the question in a formal manner!

Very good & sound advice. Thanks.