• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afprb 2011

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Food and accom up, allowances and pay are pretty much a done deal, no X factor review this year.

Nice easy year for them, perhaps they will spend some time putting together some advice for a new pay scheme.

T

Tubby

Do they not still have to look in to pay? I know its frozen but I thought they have to review it anyway. They would probably finish with a sh1t statement agreeing to the pay freeze as being in the forces we are soooo fcuking lucky and it should actually cost us to stay in.

That aside, I wonder how much they put the rent etc up after all the cuts we hve had recently. I never have any faith in the AFPRB, they are just an extension of government policy.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Not quite true

Not quite true

Pay Freeze only for those over 21K....

Craig855s

Sergeant
If pay is frozen for everyone over 21k, those under it still get a payrise, what happens when they take the freeze away. Surely they have to give the rest of us a huge pay rise in 2013 so that the levels even out again?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
If pay is frozen for everyone over 21k, those under it still get a payrise, what happens when they take the freeze away. Surely they have to give the rest of us a huge pay rise in 2013 so that the levels even out again?

Yeah thats how it'll work.

If the AFPRB do their job, and are allowed to, then to be honest we wouldn't be getting much more than say 1% or at the very most 2% this year. However, next year it should take into account the reduction in our overall renumeration, and other things and then a rise that may be worth having, however, don't hold your breath.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
How inconvenient that the pay freeze is happening as the CPI is rising. By the time you get your next pay rise, chances are you'll be double figures percentage points worse off than now before they start by which time the CPI figure from the previous September will be back down to 2% ish (conveniently).