• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghan pull out

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Chinese move rapidly into the vacuum created by the departing west, ignore Taliban atrocities, mine the place hollow and move on to the next puppet state
Taliban can sit in government, but without playing nicely with the world, they will find it much harder to stay safe in their palaces.
And that's where the new Chinese money comes in. China won't want to make the mistakes of the Russian incursion, nor the Western incursion because for all those years, they've been watching, planning and waiting for the failure of others to further their own objectives. That very same, new money will help influence Iran and Pakistan as well and in turn, the CCP will use that as leverage against the West, further weakening America, Europe and the traditional allies, Canada, NZ, Australia etc without a single battle being fought.

It's often been said that the Chinese only want what's Chinese. What that could mean for us is within as little as 50 years, they'll be well onto their end game of controlling everything else that isn't.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
How long until sanctions are applied on China, saying that Old Man Joe has already capitulated on Russia and their gas pipeline.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How long until sanctions are applied on China.
Not sure how you sanction an economy that huge, a country with many, many fingers in so many pies they can sanction you without breaking sweat.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Not sure how you sanction an economy that huge, a country with many, many fingers in so many pies they can sanction you without breaking sweat.
Not easy, but does it need to be done?

It’s the unhappy marriage situation, do you stay married because it’s easy, or do you take the pain and divorce?

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
On Thursday, during a Parliamentary committee meeting, Claudia Webbe ( MP for Leicester East) asked Dominic Raab what the UK was doing to set up LGBT etc "safe zones" in Afghanistan. Seeing this is CA, I shall keep my thoughts to myself otherwise I would probably incur the wrath of the mods.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
On Thursday, during a Parliamentary committee meeting, Claudia Webbe ( MP for Leicester East) asked Dominic Raab what the UK was doing to set up LGBT etc "safe zones" in Afghanistan. Seeing this is CA, I shall keep my thoughts to myself otherwise I would probably incur the wrath of the mods.
And that's the problem with E&D campaigners in this country, they are mostly pushing at an open door but making a lot of noise doing it.
When it comes to E&D tolerance elsewhere; there are some countries and cultures where they are centuries behind the west in their attitudes to E&D and are not just reluctant to embrace it but actively opposed to it. I wonder if Ms Webbe would care to lead the UK's negotiating team in Kabul to persuade the Taleban that LGBTQ+ , female equality & religious tolerance is the sort of society that the Taleban should embrace.

Unless we go back to military nation-building again we cannot force those cultures to change their ways; and it didn't work for the last 20 years, it takes much, much longer. Ironically, the last time we were remotely successful at changing other people's cultures and getting rid of of outdated 'uncivilised' practices, we created an empire which, no doubt, Ms Webbe and her ilk would roundly decry.....

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Change rule #1 - If you force change on people, people aren’t gonna be happy with it, heck they may even resist it.

Personally I’d rather have a plane load of persecuted people flown over rather than one of pets, but that’s just me and my own value judgement.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Good to see she's got her priorities right (not). When folk are fleeing for their lives, I'd politely suggest to the Afghan rainbow population that they dont flee in a manner that depicts a pride rally. If they get out alive, they should consider that a bonus. If it means hiding their sexuality for a while, I'd consider that a price worth paying in exchange for their lives.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Good to see she's got her priorities right (not). When folk are fleeing for their lives, I'd politely suggest to the Afghan rainbow population that they dont flee in a manner that depicts a pride rally. If they get out alive, they should consider that a bonus. If it means hiding their sexuality for a while, I'd consider that a price worth paying in exchange for their lives.
One rather hopes that the honourable Lady reads your reply 👆🏻 because I reckon 99.9999% of the population will agree with you.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
I gen think they are fully acceptable refugees. They got on the jet, fleeing a shitty situation and it landed here, the first safe country.

Not like when you have peeps coming through a million countries, jumping on a zodiac in France to get here.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
I gen think they are fully acceptable refugees. They got on the jet, fleeing a shitty situation and it landed here, the first safe country.

Not like when you have peeps coming through a million countries, jumping on a zodiac in France to get here.
I can see an amnesty winging it way soon, for the ones who stayed hidden for the couple of decades. Question is though would the ones arriving ever go back if Afghanistan swings one way or the other. We can keep giving bribe money to France to solve their problem of their own making. Yet the flow will not stop from Africa Afghanistan Syria Iran Iraq China IndoChina Scotland. Hey the taxpayers can pick up the tab anyway.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Can any of them drive HGV’s?
Sure the Black/Grey( Sorry if I have offended any person of the BAME communities)Marketeers can rustle up a Driving Licence or two.
We do live in strange times now and desperate needs call for desperate measures. Sad fact of life.