• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFCS processing Questions? Nothing found anywhere online

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone on here had been through the AFCS grinder. I'm currently going through the process but getting so little information from the SPVA its driving me crazy. I called them a few3 weeks ago for an update on my application to be told they are no longer taking phone enquiries as they are too busy. I fully understand this but doesn't that mean they need more staff.

This system doesn't make sense to me. Lets say for argument that a serving member of the armed forces returns from Afghanistan missing two legs and an arm, has two kids and a wife and is discharged from the military does he also have to wait an unknown amount of time to get an answer on his disability claim? How would one survive and support his/her family?

My story is nowhere near this but has meant that in the last 18 months I have had a total of 12 months off on disability, I wont bore you all with all the details but I would love to chat to anyone who has been through this.

I have been searching for months about this but keep coming across the same government PDF files and no accounts. Is there a blanket put on talking about this once its been awarded?

Oh and Hi every one, Im a newbie here.

Just for anyone else searching on the internet right now I received my answer back on monday the 16th of July. It was confirmed received by them on te 25th of Ocober 2011.

The SPVA are currently quoting around 40 weeks to complete an initial application for AFCS.

D

dozyscopie1

Injured myself playing football for my unit few years ago. Put my claim in start of April, got the money in my account start of November. I rang them once at the start of September to chase it up and they said it would be at least another 4 months, 2 months later it is in. They also lost my claim and my medical records, luckily I had kept a copy so faxed it off to them as soon as they told me they had lost it. Bit of a pain having to wait so long, but as I was in no hurry I didn't mind waiting.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

Have you been through headley court if you've been off for that long?
Speak to the social workers there, they are very good and helpfull.

Vdiff

LAC
AFCS

AFCS

Hello All, I have recently been through the AFCS mill and have come out the other end still injured but altogether confused. I have a back injury which I sustained on compulsory PT. This happened many moons ago so bear with me. So I was advised after my last med board to seek compensation for the injury. This I did and after filling in the mountain of forms I sent it off with all the details I could remember and some for them to fill in the blanks. I received and interim letter saying that they had received my claim and were processing it. I then had a letter stating that they had found then injury attributable to service and I was awarded a sum of money and an explanation of how they got to the sum. Subsequently I have had another Med Board within the space of 10 Mths and at this board I was Medically Discharged and Invalided out of the service.

I have had to resubmit to the SPVA for a reconsideration to my claim as my injury has caused me to basically lose my career/job. I am now awaiting a decision from SPVA and Glasgow on my Pension and Gratuity, I will have served 21 years and 164 days on Exit from Service.

Till now though I have been left swinging in the wind with regard to Pension and any idea of what I am entitled to and trust me I have been down the RBL and RAFA to try and get any information. To which no joy! All say you will have to wait what SPVA/Glasgow offer and then they can/might be able to help.

So if anyone has any information on Invaliding from Service and what to Expect then please I am willing to listen. However SPVA take about 16 weeks to process claims if they are straight forward and they have not got to go digging for the information. Just hope for your sakes that the Med Cen's don't misplace your docs

Regards V

Ronsuddes

SAC
AFCS

AFCS

If you write to any Civil Service Department and copy your letter to your MP (You do not really have to send him a copy) the Department should put a marker on your letter "MP Sensitive" which should speed up your reply.
It worked in the "good old days", but may not work now. If you really send a copy to your MP you could wait about 28 days and then ask him what he has done.