• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice on attending civie swiming course

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Here we go, I have been to all the usual suspects in trying to obtain some sort of permission for attending a swimming course which is of benefit to the station. Ped are saying I have to put in a admin order and submit it 3 months before hand and all that, but its 3 days at the local swimming pool. i have looked in the JSP760 and its a bit vague. My boss is ok with me attending and so is OIC swimming, and station are paying for it. I have looked at the route of my boss granting me standown, but this seems a bit far. Any help and guidence appreciated.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If the Station are paying for it, is it not duty?

Not necessarily. In the days of the JSATCs, it was a duty but also required a goodwill leave forfeit.

Pure symbolism of course for no-one really gives a monkeys how much leave you take or do not.