• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A new exhibit for the Harrier Mafia... at Bent waters Cold War museum.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Today, the Bentwaters Cold War Museum unveiled its most recent addition to its collection of aircraft.

Harrier GR 3, ZD667.

Having a very short RAF career, ZD667 served with IV(AC) Sqn at RAF Gütersloh, Germany, 233 OCU at RAF Wittering and 1417 Flt at Belize International Airport

It has been finished in IV(AC) Squadron colours and has been fitted with Refuel probe, Aden Gun Pods and centre line pylon.

Linky

In addition, the museum also has a Lightning F53, Hunter GA11, Jaguar GR 1 and a Gloster Meteor F8 (which used to be a drone aircraft at Llanbedr and is currently being restored to F8 standard)

Aside from the aircraft, the museum is centred around the old Ops Bunker which contains exhibits on various aspects of the station history, its twin base of RAF Woodbridge and a fully complete Operations room... thought to be the only one open for public viewing in the UK!

The museum opens for business on Easter Sunday and is open on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month as well as Bank Holiday Mondays.

If you live in Suffolk... or are there on holiday this year go and see this fantastic exhibit. You never know... you may see a fellow goater hanging around!

Last edited:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Got well ****ed on a weeks detachment with 23 Sqdn. Ben****ers singly accommodation was like a 5* motel complete with power shower :)

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Shame

Shame

Shame that same employer, would not let them have an A10 and a few F5s from the aggressor squadrons.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Cheers Scouser...

The link must have broken when I was trying to sort out the problem with the Auto correct.

When I originally posted it... it didn't like the hidden word in Bentw4ters.

Similar problem when you type S****horpe!

HTB

Scouser 812 are you currently down south?

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Shame

Shame

Shame that same employer, would not let them have an A10 and a few F5s from the aggressor squadrons.
Hey Mug,

I know this is a bit of a Necro-post... but we've had an A10 at Bent-waters museum for a couple of years now and we've recently reopened post Covid-Zombie-fest.

Still working on the F5 though!

HTB

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Cheers Scouser...

The link must have broken when I was trying to sort out the problem with the Auto correct.

When I originally posted it... it didn't like the hidden word in Bentw4ters.

Similar problem when you type S****horpe!

HTB
Sort out the heap.. Harry!!!