• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A-Level Distance Learning

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mrs Metimmee would like to study A-Level Chemistry via diatance learning. It looks like a minefield with many dodgy providers, it is difficult to reliably test how good these colleges are. My current front runner is Pembrokeshire Online College, a provier which is also a local college which also provides the practical element on the same site.

Can anyone recommend, through first or second-hand experience, distance learning providers of A levels?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Mrs Metimmee would like to study A-Level Chemistry via diatance learning. It looks like a minefield with many dodgy providers, it is difficult to reliably test how good these colleges are. My current front runner is Pembrokeshire Online College, a provier which is also a local college which also provides the practical element on the same site.

Can anyone recommend, through first or second-hand experience, distance learning providers of A levels?

Send me £200 and I will put a certificate in the post.

Seriously though, have a look at your local colleges and see if they do distance learning.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I'm currently undertaking a Distance Learning HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering through Teeside University. The support so far has been pretty good so if they do offer the same for your Wife's required A-Level, you can't go far wrong.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Serious question, is there any requirement she studies A-level? ie is it a job requirement or personal development? The reason i ask is that unless specifically requested, A-levels aren't high on the list of potential employees - they are nice don't get me wrong!If she is spending time studying, maybe look at OU? There are so many places offering points for work experiences etc, it no longer takes years to obtain.If however, it is the A-level she is after, then maybe you could visit your learning centre and ask them for a reputable provider?

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Serious question, is there any requirement she studies A-level? ie is it a job requirement or personal development? The reason i ask is that unless specifically requested, A-levels aren't high on the list of potential employees - they are nice don't get me wrong!If she is spending time studying, maybe look at OU? There are so many places offering points for work experiences etc, it no longer takes years to obtain.If however, it is the A-level she is after, then maybe you could visit your learning centre and ask them for a reputable provider?

Thanks, I'll try the learning centre, however I'd rather hear from folks who've used the college.

She's doing this as entry to a university course, so yes, she's stuck with the a-level.

Fairynuff31

Corporal
My daughter is currently stufying A level English with the National Extension College

https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/a-levels

They seem well run and she is enjoying the course - albeit her first experience of self study, distance learning.

I did do a bit of reasearch before spending any money on her course and did come across a number of dodgy outfits.

However, NEC seems pucker...