• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Christmas Present

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Used to do the rounds at Conningsby at the phantom fairy school and the missile school,usually shown just after breakfast.

if you havent seen it have alook on you tube,but as said before defo not for the fainthearted:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Or seriously hungover.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
My BDR Kit!
My HAS!
My Mates!

What memories (sniff!)

How do I down load it?

Install firefox, add DownloadHelper click to play then click the spinning ballons! Name it and keep it. :pDT_Xtremez_14:
Didn't think it was appropriate to link but 'Army medicine in Vietnam' is on "you tube". I saw it on my Phantom Q course.
Don't be such a poof :pDT_Xtremez_15:
get the link up :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:

mmmmmmm........doesnt seem as bad as i remember or mabye im just getting old and cynical/worn out!.

Anybody remember another spam film.......Weapons Effect?.............with such classic scenes and commentary as"now we study the effect of napalm on ground troops"

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
mmmmmmm........doesnt seem as bad as i remember or mabye im just getting old and cynical/worn out!.

Anybody remember another spam film.......Weapons Effect?.............with such classic scenes and commentary as"now we study the effect of napalm on ground troops"

A mate sent me a compilation of the old Plumbers films on DVD. Weapons effects introduced the Zuni Rocket and showed the effect of numerous 60's weapons, including how to blow up the aeroplane dropping the bomb.

Brings back a tear to my eyes.

A mate sent me a compilation of the old Plumbers films on DVD. Weapons effects introduced the Zuni Rocket and showed the effect of numerous 60's weapons, including how to blow up the aeroplane dropping the bomb.

Brings back a tear to my eyes.

Bomb droped from to low an altitude if memory serves me right:pDT_Xtremez_19:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Esteemed Goaters!

Here is my wee Christmas gift to all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah58lTSZvE

I found grit had somehow got into my eye and my nostalgia gland was working overtime.

Great Days indeed!!

Have a cool Yule

Jimps

Cheers Jimps. Reminds me of 20 years ago when I was one of the lot that did real BDR repairs to a war goer..In NBC suits as well (although never under red or suspect black conditions). However your big Jo Bolts and MBC rivets were totally useless to repair damage in confined spaces. Yanks and BAE saved the day, as we borrowed the tooling and fasteners for decent Cherry Max's . Cengar saws would never work on a Typhoon. They did however for the Herc Wing repair at Ryhaid..

Nowadays, the skill loss is so bad, only RSS can actually do Expedient Repair (as ABDR is now called). Then again, it was only RSS and 431 MU that supplied teams for GW1 FJ fleets.