• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

90 Days Notice

G

Growbags

Hi guys,

I've only just discovered this forum so be gentle with me! Does anyone know what the Bobby Moore is with regards 90days notice for a posting? I know that I have a replacement coming into my post in 70 days time and despite speaking with my career manager (ha ha ha ha ha) I still don't have a posting. Do I have a leg to stand on when he offers me crap and then says I need to sign a waiver?

J

Jocktheplumber

I wouldnt hold your breath mate - I was told by my previous Chief Clerk, (Who used to work at Manning) that the 90 day thing means cock all, and they dont have to honour it. Cue me getting 40 days notice.

be prepared to get offered something you dont want. There aint many jobs left, and shedloads of flk are going overborne right now.

Good luck

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Maybe this bod is coming in as an overborne and doubling up on your JPA position number, and you are staying put.

If you havent asked to be moved, why would Manning move you at short notice to a crap job - they could have just sent this other dude there!

G

Growbags

I wouldnt hold your breath mate - I was told by my previous Chief Clerk, (Who used to work at Manning) that the 90 day thing means cock all, and they dont have to honour it.

That then begs the question, why on earth do they have it?

As a rule I don't have anything bad to say about drafters but they really do have us over a barrel then. I spoke to a mate yesterday in the same rank and trade who has known he is posted in August for the last 2 months.

I know for definate I am posted but every time I ring my drafter I get told to ring back in a few days, after 4 weeks the response is wearing thin.

Realist78

Master of my destiny

As a rule I don't have anything bad to say about drafters but they really do have us over a barrel then. I spoke to a mate yesterday in the same rank and trade who has known he is posted in August for the last 2 months.

I know for definate I am posted but every time I ring my drafter I get told to ring back in a few days, after 4 weeks the response is wearing thin.

How do you know? If you are posted, where's the assignment order?

KingGuin

Sergeant

Its legacy. Those us of with some time in will remember when it was changed from 28 to 58 then to 90. 90 days being (theoretically) the time required for one (and one's family) to sort one's sh*t on posting.

Playing Devil's advocate: if you are getting p*ssed off with the CM's response do you think he/she is counting the seconds til they hear your dulcet tones? Additionally there will be a reason your mate knows his assignment and you are waiting for yours: no two cases rarely share the same circumstances.

Top tip. Correspond with your CM in writing, copy it to your Line Manager. QED if you feel you are being f*cked around you have a ready audit trail to support your claim.

J

Jocktheplumber

No Idea. Like KG says, contact your drafter by email for a paperwork trail. Keep on at them though, they are very busy and have prob not got round to it with everything that is going on.