• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

.9% pay rise

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Anyone heard any rumour as to when this is going to be paid? are we waiting for the Autumn statement?

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Anyone heard any rumour as to when this is going to be paid? are we waiting for the Autumn statement?
Was announced yesterday:

The 0.9% Bonus to be paid as a result of the AFPRB recommendations will be awarded at the end of November 2018 pay

Think it makes sense.............

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I've now heard this may be in 2 parts - half in Nov and half in March..................

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
From memory, you will receive .88p for every £100 earnt from 1 Apr - 30 Nov in the Nov salary then the same in Mar for 1 Dec - 31 Mar.

4everAD

Sergeant
Can anyone explain the rational behind this split payment? Are things that desperate that the powers that be can't afford to pay a whole 0.9% in one go, if so we're honestly proper fooked.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Can anyone explain the rational behind this split payment? Are things that desperate that the powers that be can't afford to pay a whole 0.9% in one go, if so we're honestly proper fooked.

What you don’t remember the split pay rises from years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I imagine those at the top ( Well, those whose job it isn't to espouse the bull**** that we get treated fairly such as that farcical Road show I attended a few months back) actually want to see us all paid more......

It's those Civil Serpent ****bags that control the purse strings, thinking the 'Just enough, Just in time' methodology is perfectly fine for the Military as it works just as well in the Commercial sector.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
So has anyone seen anything 'official' on this?

Or will we just get a 'nice' surprise on opening a pay statement in the not too distant future...?

Gilbert

LAC
So has anyone seen anything 'official' on this?

Or will we just get a 'nice' surprise on opening a pay statement in the not too distant future...?

Staish announced today in sunny Norfolk that the 0.9% taxable and non-pensionable bonus is being split between Novembers pay run and one next year, March I think he said. Kinda switch off when his weekly tannoy goes on :pDT_Xtremez_07:

montheton

LAC
Nice that the national minimum wage has been announced! Sadly ours is delayed for a second year running, only fair as we`re second class employees!