• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7.5% pay cut.....

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I have genuinely reached the point where I can't afford to stay in without lifestyle changes I'm not willing to make. My wage is worth so much less than it was 5 years ago yet my workload has increased to such an extent I'm no longer willing to ask my family to make the financial sacrifices that come with Service life.

I know I'm not badly paid but having no control over my salary and no independent body to fight for me has seen me say "enough".

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
having no control over my salary and no independent body to fight for me.

Or being promised a certain pension when you joined only to find its taken away from you, without consultation or compensation.
For those on here who criticise militant trade unions, they would not except this or a cutbacks in resources or degraded working conditions. If the government wants to make budget cuts where do they choose? A militant trade union or a bunch of yes men?