• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

605 Sqn ?

oneiron

LAC
Hi All,I notice that there will be a new reservist Sqn at RAF Cosford which is practically on my doorstep so I am giving serious consideration to applying - does anyone know what roles are at this squadron?
Also having already passing my AST in June and had my SC and medical before finally deciding against joining up as a Mover in BN after becoming frustrated with the old recruitment process- would I need to retake my AST , medical and SC checks or can they be re-invoked? Also would I now follow the "new" process if so what stage?
Finally is there a 605 Sqn contact number I can call to discuss the above with a recruiter?

Thanks

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Sneaking suspicion that one of the new Sqns will not be multi role and will be as ours, a Logs sqn (MT, Supply and Catering), and it may well be this one.

Surfr

LAC
I don't think the full time staff are in place yet are they? It took about 6 months from announcement to the first recruitments starting at 614 this year, if that's of any help.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Medical is valid for a year. Can't remember AST validity off the top of my head.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
It is gong to be a Loggie Sqn primarily, but will look at other trades if you have the necessary skill set.