• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

403 Forbidden!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
For around 10 days now whenever I try and access e-goat using MS Edge I get a 403 Forbidden message
1580161296903.png
This happens whether I use the link in my favourites or come from the Google search response. I thought at first someone had been a naughty boy and had the site shutdown or that there was some other problem with hosting.
However,this weekend I tried it from my phone with Chrome and also from my laptop with Chrome without problems.
I can live with using Chrome, but if anyone new is trying to get to the Goat then this could be an issue.....

TB Jnr

Coffee Fueled Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Goat in edge appears to work, though this is only one device and more testing may need to be done
1580163236772.png
Can you verify the URL in your top bar is definitely https://www.egoat.net/ without anything else on the end?

rebbonk

SAC
For around 10 days now whenever I try and access e-goat using MS Edge I get a 403 Forbidden message
View attachment 1011379
This happens whether I use the link in my favourites or come from the Google search response. I thought at first someone had been a naughty boy and had the site shutdown or that there was some other problem with hosting.
However,this weekend I tried it from my phone with Chrome and also from my laptop with Chrome without problems.
I can live with using Chrome, but if anyone new is trying to get to the Goat then this could be an issue.....
Are you running an ad blocker of any sort? I've just had a similar issue with another site and it was a firefox adblocker causing the grief

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I thought the goat had been topped for a few months and then I tried it on my ipad and continue to get through...Dont know whats stopping it on my desktop?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
TB Jnr; i am using the url you show, the link worked fine up until around 10 days ago but then stopped. I have noticed tonight that Norton 360 AV shows the new Goat as untested so maybe a recent update to Edge simply prevents access to 'insecure' sites? Not using an adblocker either.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
TB Jnr; i am using the url you show, the link worked fine up until around 10 days ago but then stopped. I have noticed tonight that Norton 360 AV shows the new Goat as untested so maybe a recent update to Edge simply prevents access to 'insecure' sites? Not using an adblocker either.
Hi,
I've just run a software update which may eliminate the problem.

Clear your cache, check the URL and see what happens.

It may also be of note, that the site has an SSL certificate so to all intents and purposes, we are secure.

Entropy

Sergeant
I had this problem with Chrome. I went into history and deleted all the E-Goat entries. That seemed to fix it for me.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
...and another positive - thanks!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So this issue has now reared its head again with Edge first and now Chrome so now having to access from Firefox.....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
View attachment 1011379
It will be a setting in Edge, which one I don't know.
Start with the basics and open Edge and clear the cache and all the cookies.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So this issue has now reared its head again with Edge first and now Chrome so now having to access from Firefox.....

I patched the software yesterday evening with a security update so the 403 error is probably caused by this with Edge. Chrome is working fine for me so I will take a look at the site using Edge tomorrow. Follow Barch's suggested course of action and you should be good to go.

If you are experiencing further problems, then please post them here. If I'm not around then Barch will be able to advise you of what to do next.

Thank you for letting us know.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Tried clearing history & cache in Edge & all is ok again now, thanks. I'll try Chrome again shortly (already cleared History in there....)

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
I am glad I am not travelling around and relying on my laptop at the moment. I am getting error 403 and cannot clear it. Any tips, anyone?

Last edited: