• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4 Levels of WO

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Had to chuckle at this one, some here will see the irony.
There are now 4 levels of WO, with the lowest one being the working bee on a Sqn, or Wing.
Next level up is SWO
Next up is Command WO
Next up is the Group WO, which I believe CASWO sits in.
On the good side it’s more places to be promoted into, and apparently no downside.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Do they have a special hat to wear at each level to show how important they are? I’d expect something along the lines of the Russian military where the higher your rank the bigger your hat.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
I reckon there’s a Gems for the first to recommend to the Senior WOs that they take up the excess Bear Skins from the under- manned Guards.😂

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The real questions are whether or not this alleged ‘higher’ grade of WO attracts a larger pay scale. Do they have more money thrown at them if they’re the Group WO? Do other WO’s have to address them as ‘Sir’ or is this whole malarkey merely another example of some office-bound f**knut having yet another idiotic idea?

I look forward to the different scales of SAC, Cpl, Sgt etc.

Hot Shoes

Corporal
Going very American, they already have the same structure, Chief Master Sgt (CMSgt), above them, Wing CMSgt, Command, CMSgt, CMSgt of the Air Force

They are all Nato E9 grades but levels of responsibilities change

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Going very American, they already have the same structure, Chief Master Sgt (CMSgt), above them, Wing CMSgt, Command, CMSgt, CMSgt of the Air Force

They are all Nato E9 grades but levels of responsibilities change

Is it levels of responsibility or areas of responsibility?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Had to chuckle at this one, some here will see the irony.
There are now 4 levels of WO, with the lowest one being the working bee on a Sqn, or Wing.
Next level up is SWO
Next up is Command WO
Next up is the Group WO, which I believe CASWO sits in.
On the good side it’s more places to be promoted into, and apparently no downside.

Is the pecking order dependant on how much of a spine you have remaining?

Sqn WO - Generally a tough guy who takes no shit from anyone and protects his lads.
SWO - Haircut monitor and Stn Cdr's yes man
CWO - AOC's yes man
CASWO - CAS's yes man