• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022 six nations

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The annual six nations Rugby Union competition starts this weekend who wins and why?
Can anyone do the grand slam?
Can a home nation claim the triple crown?
Why won't Italy collect the wooden spoon?

On the up side superleague starts on Thursday St Helens v Catalan Dragons

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I never ever, ever predict the 6 nations really until it starts!! Always find the Autumn Internationals are no gauge of current form. Interesting to see if Eddie Jones can get England firing on all cylinders or will Scotland continue to actually show some consistency in winning games?? Ireland have shown they can beat the All Blacks. France?????????????????????? Italy? Maybe get that one year where they surprise you. Wales? Dunno!! Ire vs Wales as the first game (y) !!!! Get in.... At GFs for the weekend and next weekend!! Already booked the settee and TV :-D!!!!! All for the cost of a coffee ;-)!!!

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I never ever, ever predict the 6 nations
I'll have wild stab at it. Before a flyhalf kicks the ball off the pitch to stop the game.

Six nations - England for no other reason than I'm English
Grand slam - nobody
Triple Crown - nobody
Wooden spoon - loser of the Italy v Scotland game

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Marcus Smith starting every game is something I’m keeping an eye on…can he step up and push Farrell out for good?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Well Ireland looked the business. Quality open play whilst restricting Wales, stopping them from actually playing!!

Sco vs Eng... All to play for both sides although I do believe that the fact we have a Southern Hempishere ref helps us more!!! More of an indication of how the Kiwis play the game IMHO than actual bias.

Still...40 mins + to go.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Well Sco vs Eng was tight!!!

England threw it away with that penalty try though.........
Penalty try for a ball that was highly questionable that the Scotsman would have caught? The neck clearance that should have been a yellow card for the Scottish player and the scum penalty never given at the end. You were correct that Scotland had 16 players. What Jones was doing taking off Smith for Ford was baffling.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Poor old Cowan-Dickie! We have an affiliation to Chiefs (mainly for our gifted players to go to their academy) and in return we have an 'in' to get some of the lads down for those evenings where you pay to watch rugby stars spin drinking dits for a few hours. The last one we did was pre-pandemic and a hoofing success. We had Waldron, Steenson and Nowell down for the evening and, accents aside, it went well. We decided to do another one just before Covid became a household term so were in comms with Sandy Park for candidates...We obviously wanted Cornish blokes if possible due to our location so I said 'What about Cowan-Dickie?'. There then followed an awkward silence and a bit of shifty eyes before they said 'pick someone else....he's not the sharpest tool in the box and doesn't have much to say for himself'.

What he did on Saturday backs that up...He actually got both hands on the ball to bat it into touch rather than catching it!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So even at this early stage only one nation can win the grand slam (maybe) and no one can achieve the triple crown. The chance to win the wooden spoon is wide open with everybody not called France in with a shout.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
So even at this early stage only one nation can win the grand slam (maybe) and no one can achieve the triple crown. The chance to win the wooden spoon is wide open with everybody not called France in with a shout.
If England did what their under 20s did yesterday, I shudder.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Really enjoyed the France Ireland game, it really bothered about England Ireland today

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Scotland will be close again today but lack of composure will cost us again methinks unless we raise the game against an efficient, fast-paced, powerful France. our tackling has been poor and France has taken full advantage. Need to see what the second-half brings!!

England vs Wales. Got to fancy England at home surely????

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
England better than Wales but only just. They played the percentages better. Wales didn't start playing until the 2nd half but Smith kept the points a la Wilkinson clinically ticking along!! Well played England.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Well I tried once again, really tried to follow WFT was going on . I watched the first 30 minutes of England v Wales and the last 10 minutes and even after many many years of trying to understand Union it was like trying to smell the colour 9. Utterly baffling at times, at 27 minutes an absolute age to sort out a sin bin that should have taken 30 seconds (You're in the bin see you later), penalties against a team for something then in no time at all a penalty for the other team in what seemed the same as last time but the ref pointed the other way. I'm not steeped in the union version of the game so either I'm not drinking enough or the drugs don't work.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Well I tried once again, really tried to follow WFT was going on . I watched the first 30 minutes of England v Wales and the last 10 minutes and even after many many years of trying to understand Union it was like trying to smell the colour 9. Utterly baffling at times, at 27 minutes an absolute age to sort out a sin bin that should have taken 30 seconds (You're in the bin see you later), penalties against a team for something then in no time at all a penalty for the other team in what seemed the same as last time but the ref pointed the other way. I'm not steeped in the union version of the game so either I'm not drinking enough or the drugs don't work.
You Northern RL Heathen.... :eek: 🤪