• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yorkshire relegated

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As a proud Lancastrian it is my duty to inform the goat members that Yorkshire are now relegated to division 2 of the County Championship:pDT_Xtremez_14:.
Such relegation obviously denies the red rose county of valuable points previously obtained in years gone by.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/14885148.stm

Last edited:

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its alright for you, England keep taking our players, nobody wants yours. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Lancashire are county champions

So the championship pennant flies above Old Trafford for the first time in 70 odd years, shame the tykes won't be visiting to see it.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
Don't worry about the cricket.

Yorkshire has won more Olympic gold medals than Canada, Japan and Australia. If Yorkshire became an independent nation, we would be 10th in the medal table.

And then there's the Yorkshire rugby league teams taking on them pie eaters from the wrong side of the pennines :)

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
...fall on my sword after we lost by an innings, therefore thrusting the premier county ever closer to their deserved title victory.

Even happier days. :pDT_Xtremez_15:

I think it's just a draw needed against Notts. The Tykes in our office will be unbearable, or at least a bit more unbearable than normal.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
(Through gritted teeth) A very well done to Yorkshire, on winning the title with only one loss all season. With a batting spine of test players Balance, Root and Bairstow you can add bowling from Tim Bresnan and the old stager Sidebottom plus the leadership and batting from the surely soon to be capped Adam Lythe Yorkshire have an excellent team who are well coached by dizzy. I just have to hope we hang on tomorrow. Yorkshire winning is bad enough but to be relegated in the same season dark days indeed.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Can anyone explain why, immediately after the Ashes, Johnny Bairstow and Adam Lyth were back playing for Yorkshire, whilst Ian Bell and Alistair Cook have yet to feature for their respective counties, whilst Stuart Broad has only featured in a one-day match for Notts. I know Bairstow is now playing in the ODI, but initially he wasn't selected and only featured when Jos Butler was dropped. Incidentally, Butler didn't feature for Lancashire in their last game after being dropped by England.

Whilst I'm sure they would have won it anyway, these sorts of actions by the ECB have certainly assisted Yorkshire to retain their title.

Last edited:
Durham

Durham

Kudos to Durham too - yet again retaining their Div 1 status with by far the smallest squad in the 2 leagues.

2 Championships and 2 one day cups in the last few years are fantastic and a credit to the team ethos and dedicated coaching staff.

Paul Collingwood is still going strong too. Fantastic servant to the club.