• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Xmas Island

R

rogerslimprs

Hi there Bob,.

Great stuff. Reminds me of my old days. A little before my time by a couple of years. Ihave copied your piece on the experience there and passed it to the RAF Hospital Ely Association for their interest and in the hope that somebody from the group may have been with you. We have members going back to 1949.

I agree, get the book written, it sounds like a great read.

P

pie sandwich

This is what J. Robert Oppenheimer said after the Trinity test part of the Manhattan project

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,

'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that one way or another."

I think that puts very well the way in which people thought having witnessed such an event.

E

Edzar

Bob that was a fascinating story and brought back a few memories of recent detachments to various dumps in the worold like GW1 and Op Provide Comfort in Turkey right after....it's great home again and being able to crap without flies buzzing yer hoop!!!

Lab Queen thanks for that vid clip....seen it before but as you get older you sort of realise and wonder why on earth our politicians went down that road, and glad they did now or we may not have been where we are today without that deterrent.
What worries me is what lays ahead with the lack of interest in and depletion of the UK's Armed Forces today.....