• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Written Careers Brief

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Can any of you Shiney types tell me how long a Written Careers Brief takes to complile after initial application for one?

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Quite a while - one bloke does it for the whole of the RAF, and it is only part of his job. And when he's on guard etc the stuff has to wait for him to return. Last one I sent in took best part of 8 weeks.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
I take it you have gone through your Unit Careers Advisor, he has consulted with the ACOS Manning personnel and it is considered that a more detailed brief is required to answer your specific queries?

I ask as the written career briefs are not provided on a routine basis anymore and you have to jump through hoops to get one. If you have already jumped through these hoops and Manning have agreed that they will provide you with one there is not a specified period of time to provide it as far as I know. I would suggest though that 30 days is about right as a thorough examination of your career history and profile will be required as the UCA will have already done a lot of the research that has not come up with the response you are after.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Humble Scribe, I submitted a request to my Unit Careers Advisor with some specific questions about my own career. I would assume it would have to be a written brief but it is the hands of my PSF. I don't want to be the irritating ****** who keeps phoning and emailing so I thought I'd ask a generic question on here.

clungemobile

Corporal
So you have asked your Unit UCA rather than Manning? It shouldn't take the UCA that long even if they have to get some gen from Manning....surely :pDT_Xtremez_42:

F

flyingbanana

I got one last year, and they are not worth paper they are printed on. Mine was a rehash of a caterers one, as it still had catering refrences in it I'm tg4!

shirley

LAC
Mine took nearly 5 months to come back and really wasn't worth the paper it was written on, just took direct quotes from my SJARs and told me to pretty much keep plodding on and that promotion was very competitive. Also the victim of cut and paste and not checking the finished document. I'm sure the guy doing it works very hard but if it doesn't offer anything new to the individual requesting it is there really any point in offering the service.