• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you belive it......

K

kit

Some of you might know i'm training as a baby physio-terrorist at the mo, and all us 'ickle firsties where invited to an NHS improvment (!) day, lunch was free so i though what the hey lets go. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

The morning stated out okay- death by power point but not to taxing, untill we started to do a time/motion study of our morning- umm i thought sounds a bit like LEAN.....

the afternoon got worse- we had to do an end-to-end study of a paitients stay in hospital.....So mumbled i we used to do this where i worked- we called it LEAN' the lecturer face lit up like the sun 'Yes that exactly it, the NHS adopted the idea after its success in the milliatry! :0
and i thought i'd got away fromm all that sh1t!

Would you belive it- the NHS is trying to intoduce LEAN to get patients in and out of hospital quicker- someone forgot to tell them it only works on a pre-progrmed engineering line then...........

when you go into hospital and feel your being put through the sausage factory- you are- literally!:pDT_Xtremez_35:

so what do people think?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

LEAN does not work, Anyone apart from over paid 'Management Consultants' can see this.

K

kit

LEAN does not work, Anyone apart from over paid 'Management Consultants' can see this.

I know that- you know that, bacteria on the ocean floor know that- the NHS clearly doesn't:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Realist78

Master of my destiny

And fecking officers that didn't say 'stick it up your @rse' when they should have done!:raf:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
adopted the idea after its success in the milliatry! :0

I can't help but wonder what military that was?

The huge issue that most of us found with LEAN is that you cannot quantify most of our processes to a timescale or resource requirement. I'm sure that the same could pretty much be said for a patient's recovery time and needs.

L

Lord Azrael

There was a lean team here again the other week (or some version of it) trying to screw up our Role Bay.
There were about 6 people standing around, mostly SNCO's and a WO telling the one poor Cpl how to pack stuff away in a box! Where the hell is that saving money??
Put the buggers back to real jobs and make it pay that way rather than standing around annoying the workers!