• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World handicap system

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So fellow golfing types we are now using the WHS. I find it much more agile than the old clunky system that took days to change your handicap. It's not all plain sailing though weirdly, upon it's introduction, it reduced my handicap by 3 not sure how that happened (Best 8 from 20?) because due to lock down I hadn't played for weeks but Hay Ho. One guy in my regular 4 ball went up by 3, another is now allocated one less shot off the whites than he gets off the Yellows. So my WHS new number is 16.8 played well in the Sunday medal following day it's 16.3 a cr@p midweek Stableford and it's 16.5. I like the fact that it changes quickly and hopefully it will root out the bandits.

Your thoughts??

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I'm not a fan of the new system, far too complicated to work out, though I do agree that we need a system that works on all courses, and I suppose that the slope rating helps with that, but why such a weird calculation to determine your handicap, and then you play of of 95% from the whites.

So far I have gone up by .7 and then down by .8

And don't get me started on blokes that are playing off of 32+

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
don't get me started on blokes that are playing off of 32+
One of my regular 4 ball has just been chopped to mere 34.8 from 38.7 after winning a comp with 40 points.
It's so hard to swing a club properly wearing a bandolier of bullets and a fecking big sombrero.