• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

With tongue firmly in cheek........

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

Similar ghosty/dog type scenario at the Priory at chicksands (drug/alcohol rehabilitation unit for the IntOs BEFORE they qualify to be let loose on society)
Being an old monastary effort and graveyard for local dignitaries and rich folk in yonder years there is the old decapitated nun beer story...(nun shags monk, gets up the duff, he gets hung drawn and quarterted while she is cemented up to her neck and watches the proceedings - all abit nasty really..)
Well the mighty army MGRS were on night patrol with equally mighty arm ripping angry hound and went fun policing during a summer ball. While patrolling around the wing of the mess he saw a woman in flowing frock (easily mistaken for some army bods wife) and as they approached, the dog went all a bit mad and loopy - started barking and began retreating like a cheese eating surrender monkey! The guard looked about to see what the hassle was and said woman just disappeared,,,,,,,,spooky! ;)

Last edited:
I remember Chicksands Priory, one dark evening while on a course, drinking in the bar...

The ladies 'cloakroom' was through the main entrance hall, past the master stairs whereas the gents were next to the bar.

A couple of young female Officers (one of which may or may not post in this forum) had to go and powder their noses or whatever they do in pairs??? [That’s a different thread I don't want to go into]

So a good friend and I decided what fun it would be to add to the myth of the Chicksands ghost and frighten the aforementioned lasses!

So we ran to the main staircase, dismantled and put on the suit of armour and Cavaliers outfits that are displayed at either side of the stairs and waited for the ladies to return from the little girls room.

As they past, we just slowly moved until one caught sight!

Oh how we laughed at their terrified screams!

Oh how we hurt when they found out it was us!

Wouldn’t have missed it for the world... A Classic! :D

h5-mal-2a1-3.jpg

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

:eek:

well it is a 'spooky' place!

pun completely intended!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Marshalloftheraf said:
A couple of young female Officers (one of which may or may not post in this forum) had to go and powder their noses or whatever they do in pairs??? [That’s a different thread I don't want to go into]

No please, go into that thread! I have often wondered what they do, my mind is all a'boggle! Women in toilets, woof woof (oops I have wandered off again, reel me in!)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
DoesMyBumLookBigInThis? said:
Priory at chicksands (drug/alcohol rehabilitation unit for the IntOs BEFORE they qualify to be let loose on society)

When at Hen***low, (oops got scopie disease, overuse of asterisks) I went to the local one night and there at the bar was Sid Owen (Ricky from enders) having a beer. Seems he was at Henlow Grange (a drug/alchohol rehab place, although you could go for a massage etc) Seems he had been ordered there by the producers of the aforementioned soap, so popped out for a beer! One of the lads, we will call him Marray, (close enough) walks up and says "you are one of the finest actors in soap today". 'Ricky' says "thanks mate" to which Marray says "yes I think Benny is the best character on TV today" Cue a very pi55ed off Sid!

I

insideinfoman

Honington

Honington

Many many years ago whilst serving at asaid a/field. We had many spooky happenings.

Remember having to go onto the airfield to turn off the LE58's (battery powered lights used to suppliment the main runway lights if we had a power failure so our bold Buccs could land). The controller in the tower would always turn off the lights and plunge the place into darkness, driving down the taxiway to the 09 end was really spooky, the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up. Then standing on the runway end everyone always had the thought that someone was watching us.

On exercises(remember them) we used to have to sit on guard by the fenceline next to a wood and I swear blind that you could hear the sound of a rope under strain swinging from non-existant trees. I wasn't the only one to hear it.

Anonther story from our friendly plods about the SSA and how the dogs would freak out in certain areas and then there's the one about the block and all the ghostly happenings in the rooms. We did some investigating and found it had been hit by a lost german and decided to take a pot shot as he flew over. You can still see the bullet holes in the walls of the block.

A very eerie place is Honners

I

Inch High PI

Sid Owen actually lives in the Henlow area, when I was on a Course at chicksands we seen him in the local Sainsburys with a stunning, tall, blonde and buxom young lady.

We definately did not perform a rendition of Does she take it up the ar*e and shout Riiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkkkkyy. Also we were not asked to leave by the stores security man. :mad:

B

Bushy Mills

Inch High PI said:
Sid Owen actually lives in the Henlow area, when I was on a Course at chicksands we seen him in the local Sainsburys with a stunning, tall, blonde and buxom young lady.

We definately did not perform a rendition of Does she take it up the ar*e and shout Riiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkkkkyy. Also we were not asked to leave by the stores security man. :mad:

Yeah, but did you leave a gun in the heads??

I

Inch High PI

Bushy Mills said:
Yeah, but did you leave a gun in the heads??

Not me. Isn't heads a naval term??? Been trying to figure out who your secret indentity is!!

I don't have any ghost stories as I don't beleive in them although its always around about this time of year I always seem to feel a presents!!!!!............Da Dum, no?.

Am here all week!

B

Bushy Mills

Inch High PI said:
Not me. Isn't heads a naval term??? Been trying to figure out who your secret indentity is!!

Back when knights were bold and PI's were just nervous I used to be in the mob, but seemed to end up working with an awful lot of 'Senior Service' types. Not that they ever gave any ciggies to anyone else... Old habits do die hard, so unfortunately my written and spoken language was contaminated by some freakish navy terminology. I did draw the line at cabins and runs ashore when they were all sitting in a building in Portsmouth.

Inch High PI said:
I don't have any ghost stories as I don't beleive in them although its always around about this time of year I always seem to feel a presents!!!!!............Da Dum, no?.

Am here all week!

Dont' give up the day job...

beer

SAC
With regard to Budgie's post regarding the Old German Soldier down on the 18 Sqn HAS site at Laarbruch,this has been going around for years. I was on 16 Sqn during the Buccaneer days (god bless em) and before they built the HAS site mentioned, and it was at that time, a lot of old dispersals where they stored decoy Lightnings. It was rumoured that there was always trouble with the police dogs in that area (No 12 Sqn Leckies seen in the area - By the way for those not in the know, the 'Dog F**ker' label started at Honington. Leckie went baby sitting, fell in love with the dog, mucho howling, police arrive at the door ....) The story goes that a delegation from the German War Graves Commision turned up at the site, and found, and opened an old wartime German bunker. They supposedly found some bodies and resealed it up, declaring it a war grave. Well, whenever you were in the darkest, furthest, spookiest dugout at the back of 'Pork Chop Hill' during Tacevals (do you still play at such games) and you took a new arrival to our world, generally the 'young guy' (you know the one - always 'won' the raffle for the 'Shag' on the brewery trip to Amsterdam) you always, at the end of the guards brief end with the words ' Now don't worry about the ghost that has been seen around here!' :eek: