• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wire Wheel adaptors

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
This is a long shot, but does anybody know of the existance of simple wheel adaptors that will convert standard 4-stud wheel hubs to take splined wire wheels?

An even longer shot would be for someone to know the whereabouts of a set of Triumph bolt-on wires. Anybody, nobody, dust? Anybody, nobody, dust?

Parky

Corporal
This is a long shot, but does anybody know of the existance of simple wheel adaptors that will convert standard 4-stud wheel hubs to take splined wire wheels?

An even longer shot would be for someone to know the whereabouts of a set of Triumph bolt-on wires. Anybody, nobody, dust? Anybody, nobody, dust?

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for http://www.zeni.net/trf/MGB-GC/101.php

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk:80/rimmer/triumph/spitfire/wheels#Wire Wheels

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
It is the sort of thing mate and they are what got me thinking about them in the first place. Apparantly you have to get the right ones for your particular MG though, and I was wondering if there is anything on the market for other cars, for instance kit cars that are based on a Morris Marina!!!

I'm particularly after just the hubs, as there are plenty of "standard" wire wheels available on ebay.

Parky

Corporal
It is the sort of thing mate and they are what got me thinking about them in the first place. Apparantly you have to get the right ones for your particular MG though, and I was wondering if there is anything on the market for other cars, for instance kit cars that are based on a Morris Marina!!!

I'm particularly after just the hubs, as there are plenty of "standard" wire wheels available on ebay.
If you can't find what you are looking for off the shelf then try an engineering shop. I know of one in Margam South Wales who likes a challenge and is apparently reasonable with his pricing, I know he has done a number of one offs for my mates who build bikes, he has also worked on the queens carriages and designed a tool that does somthing on the Boeing 747, He is a guy who likes the challenge of making somthing new but refuses to go into even low volume production.